Rate this voice please.

newsingermaybe

Can this be worked with? I had someone sing their song of choice with no practice!!! Advice needed. Thank you.

Attachments

• Record_0005.mp3
    5.7 MB · Views: 51
Don't want to give them false hope, but I do sound engineering not vocal coaching but they asked advice, so I thought I would throw it out there.

Well kanye hit number one same as cher I guess and if this is with no practice she's got a better ear than kanye imho. I would find a way to get her to loosen up though, she sounds really uncomfortable.

I'm not a pro btw just a yahoo on the internet so take that with a grain of salt. . .

"Worked with" for what?

Poor pitch. Poor timing. Not particularly interesting voice. Isn't getting the low notes well, so song is not really in her range. Timid. Nervous.

Like most people, I'm sure something could be made of her voice with singing lessons and practice, but is she a singer you'd record? No. She's certainly not a natural. But so what? Tell her (assuming it's not you, pretending...) to try something less wimpy ballad, with a bit of life in it, and to practice, and relax.

I have a general concern with people who post "Can I sing?" threads like this that they can't hear their pitch problems, and if they can't hear their pitch problems, how will they fix them?

I have a general concern with people who post "Can I sing?" threads like this that they can't hear their pitch problems, and if they can't hear their pitch problems, how will they fix them?

I agree.

There was one girl on here not too long ago...pitch all over the place.
When it was mentioned to her after she asked for comments...she was kinda surprised when told her pitch was off.
Her answer..."Well everyone always tells me I could sing."

I dunno...maybe they can sing...but they sure as shit don't know how to listen to the music and their singing.

*shrug*

GUYS!!!Amazing replies.Thank you.The singer is not at all thinking she's Adele or anything.She just wants to record few songs but without any training.I come in when I can tweak pitches etc (all of the things you are talking about) on the computer.I appreciate all the feedback.

GUYS!!!Amazing replies.Thank you.The singer is not at all thinking she's Adele or anything.She just wants to record few songs but without any training.I come in when I can tweak pitches etc (all of the things you are talking about) on the computer.I appreciate all the feedback.

So........you think you'll be able to "tweak" her pitch issues enough huh? I guess you could.........but it will take a lot of work and won't be transparent.

I too wonder how aspiring singers who have bad pitch problems don't hear themselves. It's amazing to me. Even when played back to them......they don't hear problems. Over the years......and many bands......I've seen lots of people audition for vocalist. (Most of you know where I'm going with this.) The person steps up to the mic and what comes out is so far off........most times pitch.......but often tempo / timing too. I'm going to guess that out of all the vocalists I've seen audition........who thought they were good enough for a public band.......more than half of them were awful.......and had no idea whatsoever. What the hell are they hearing???

IMO she has potential. She knows what notes she wants to hit and gets to them by self correcting. She mostly sounds inexperienced and needs some ear training. Time at the piano with a pair of monitors working on hitting the notes right away.

Back