One less plate (work in progress)

rcpd0715

I wrote this really quick today based on the upcoming holidays being the first ones without my Dad. I already know the recording quality is bad and there are a couple mess ups lol, but let me know what you think :)

https://soundcloud.com/ronnie-blevi...-in-progress-chorus-progression-change-take-2

One less plate

The leaves are gone, the air is cold
Another year with old stories told
We're together again, but something has changed
Something with the way the table is arranged

Chorus:

There's one less plate, There's one less chair
There's one less laugh in the air
There's one less man, There's one less smile
There's one less father, There's one less child

Folding chairs, for a place to sit
Elbow to elbow, trying to make us fit
Looking around, I wonder if he's just late
Then I remember, why there is one less plate

Chorus repeat

There's extra food, there's extra space
There's one less here, but we have extra grace
We have each other, we have his love
He's now at a table, with God above

Chorus repeat x2

I found this to be a very thoughtful and soothing song. The kind I'd listen to on the front porch in a thunderstorm and think about life. I could talk about things in regards to singing criticisms like the amount of air you could be using but I think you were singing in the moment and honestly the way you sing it helps me remove me a little from this world and puts me into yours. I think this could be wonderful if we got you to do it properly mic'ed up. Well done I like the tone, song writing and the spirit of your voice. I hope to hear more from you because this is good stuff. It's very similar to how I would write acoustics guitar songs. I just wish you had a better recording setup because the constant hiss drives me a bit nuts. Keep up the singing and song writing hope to hear more from you!

I personally found it quite inspiring.

You didn't ask for recording or mixing advice so I will just say it is perfect as it is. Actually, it is likely all it should be.

Condolences for your father and your family man. I know how that feels...

I found this to be a very thoughtful and soothing song. The kind I'd listen to on the front porch in a thunderstorm and think about life. I could talk about things in regards to singing criticisms like the amount of air you could be using but I think you were singing in the moment and honestly the way you sing it helps me remove me a little from this world and puts me into yours. I think this could be wonderful if we got you to do it properly mic'ed up. Well done I like the tone, song writing and the spirit of your voice. I hope to hear more from you because this is good stuff. It's very similar to how I would write acoustics guitar songs. I just wish you had a better recording setup because the constant hiss drives me a bit nuts. Keep up the singing and song writing hope to hear more from you!

Thank you for the kind feedback James! It was quickly done and I know the recording is horrible :/ I'm working on getting a bit of equipment soon (can't wait) :) I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me, thanks again man!

I personally found it quite inspiring.

You didn't ask for recording or mixing advice so I will just say it is perfect as it is. Actually, it is likely all it should be.

Condolences for your father and your family man. I know how that feels...

Thank you so much Jimmy, it's definitely been tough, I appreciate your thoughts man

Back