I need someone to critique my music cover (Very important)

shakra00

Good Afternoon, I need your opinion guys on what you think of my cover, this is very important to me as I am joining a contest that means alot to me. Please give feedback on my vocals, the harmony, the guitar, the editing or what else you what to give your opinion on.

Here's the link: https://soundcloud.com/mariontalavera/ordinary

Thank you in advance who will help, :)

Guitar is horribly out of tune! Your voice is pretty good, nothing wrong with that. The BVs just don't sit - far too often they are very close in pitch to the main vocal, and could be reworked to properly support the voice. They're also doing unison when perhaps they could be split? They also seem to be either too low or two high to let the main vocal slip through.

The killer really is the guitar - as the only instrument it is VERY exposed and the out of tune-ness (is that a word?) is worse as the chords are played higher up the neck. It really sounds awful. As for editing? What editing was there - the room sound is very intrusive at the start and end. what editing did you do? If you are going to sing this live, that's one thing, but of you are submitting a recording, then some work is needed to hone your recording skills.

Guitar is horribly out of tune! Your voice is pretty good, nothing wrong with that. The BVs just don't sit - far too often they are very close in pitch to the main vocal, and could be reworked to properly support the voice. They're also doing unison when perhaps they could be split? They also seem to be either too low or two high to let the main vocal slip through.

The killer really is the guitar - as the only instrument it is VERY exposed and the out of tune-ness (is that a word?) is worse as the chords are played higher up the neck. It really sounds awful. As for editing? What editing was there - the room sound is very intrusive at the start and end. what editing did you do? If you are going to sing this live, that's one thing, but of you are submitting a recording, then some work is needed to hone your recording skills.

The guitar was out of tune? I tuned it using an app in my smartphone and I thought it showed accurate. Man, that sucks :yawn: On a scale of 1-10, how badly is it out of tune?

He sent me a link to a retuned version but that doesn't work either

It sounded to me like an intonation problem on the guitar - so some notes were ok, but others - the high ones were horribly painful to listen too. I had an acoustic that did the same thing once - the frets were rather randomly placed above the 7th fret.

Back