Haven't singing for 5 months now I'm back again but having troubles.

Singingloveee

So I always warm up before but I'm finding trouble with controlling my voice and with the power. Specially I can't hit those notes without straining. Any tips???? I need help. I used to sing reaaaally good. I don't know what's wrong with me. And I get this neck and jaw tension and like I find it hard talking with my normal vocal like I speak in a higher tone.

Last edited:
First, five months isn't going to make or break your voice. A few questions:
Gender?
Age?
These will make the biggest difference in how your question needs to be answered.
Having said that. It has often been said, "If you go a day without practice, you know it..if you go two, everyone else does."
Just get back in the groove of practicing and give yourself a few weeks. You don't fix 5 months of neglect with 2 hours of practice...

15 and female. I don't know but I get this neck and jaw tension that I didn't used to get. And I find it hard speaking after like I speak in a higher voice. Lol? What can I do to sound good? I do all the warm ups and all the vocal increasing techniques, do 10 minutes of diaphagram breathing... What else should I be doing??

Honestly, just what I thought. I'm certainly not qualified to give "great vocal coaching" or anything, but you're probably dealing with hormones as much as anything else. You might have to just keep pushing on and working through the problems until a few years pass. It doesn't keep you from singing or practicing, but there may be some limitations on what you can and can't. Just try to remember that your 15 year old body is not the same as your 13 or 11 year old body was and your vocal chords are part of that wonderful hormonal spurt you're going to be going through for the next 2-3 years as well.
If you really need to perform at a certain level (i.e. you have a recording contract or whatever) I would suggest getting your vocal coach and doctor involved and map a strategy. If not, go along for the ride.
The good news: Every girl on the planet goes through the same thing. Take courage in the knowledge that you are not alone. :)

The neck and jaw tension I get when I'm learning new material. It's from stress (muscle as well as mental) usually.
Without professional coaching (and mostly even with) your voice is going to change its range from time to time. A good coach will show you ways around having to hit those notes that do not disappoint your fans. As you age into your 20s then 30s then 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond your range is going to change a lot. When I was 20 I had a 5 1/2 octave range. Then I took off 10 years, not 5 months and I could barely sing 2 with good pitch. I'm working on it, but I'll probably not get it back without professional help (that I can no longer afford).

Wow! I didn't know that girls' voices could change when they were on puberty like the boys do. I hope that's the problem here and also getting a vocal coach or smt because singing is a great thing for me. Thank you for responding me!

It's not quite the same as puberty (sometimes female voices actually extend during the time frame...rare, but happens)...but listen to a lot of different teen female vocalists earliest stuff and then again when they were 18+. It's a different world (with a few rare exceptions).

If you mean DNS (deviated nasal septum), that's a question only your doctor would or should answer. I've been told there's no cure beside surgery, but there are treatments (like the strips) that can help immensely. Haven't bothered with much of it. The strips help me not to snore.?.:shrug:

I had my septum carved out when I was 20 or so. It hurt like $%#$ but I could finally breathe through my nose properly. It's still 60/40. Yes it helps with breathing and so helps with singing. I always sound like me regardless.

Back