Frontman...or woman

Mr. C

Is the lead vocalist for a band always the frontman? I'm trying to think of a band where that wasn't the case. Just wondering anyways.

Gil Moore did most of the lead for Triumph, but Emmet was the frontman. Kind of hard for a drummer to be "front".
If you mean was there ever a band with a dedicated "lead" vocalist that wasn't the frontman, I've never heard of one.

There's a lot of bands where there are multiple lead vocalists and only one frontman. i.e. Fleetwood Mac.

Yea, I was wondering if there has been or are any bands where there is a dedicated lead vocalist, but that person isn't the frontman. When I say frontman, I'm thinking along the lines of the one who does most of the interacting with the audience between songs and leads things along.

One band where this might have happened, but I don't really recall, is when Nugent didn't do lead vocals. I can't remember the lead vocalist's name...St. John or something? Anyways maybe Nugent was the frontman, or at least shared that spot?

But you got the idea of what I'm getting at.

Santana never sang, but he is the front man of his band.

I'm sure there are a few others that I can't think off the top of my head

Santana never sang, but he is the front man of his band.

I'm sure there are a few others that I can't think off the top of my head

Good call!

Funny, my first response said I couldn't think of any, but then I did. Now where'd I hide them Easter eggs...Hey! Git off mah lawn!!!

One band where this might have happened, but I don't really recall, is when Nugent didn't do lead vocals. I can't remember the lead vocalist's name...St. John or something? Anyways maybe Nugent was the frontman, or at least shared that spot?
Derek St. Holmes.

Back