Is this falsetto and how does it sound?

DeniSings

Trying out something new with because I want to experiment a bit with my voice, and I'm pretty sure it could either sound good or really bad haha, don't take me too serious tho, I'm just trying to figure out my singing, that's why it's also not a full version.. Anyway, I guess this would be falsetto? Don't know, just listen to it and tell me what you think about it hahah :guitar:

Edit:
Got the answer I was looking for so the link is removed :)

Last edited:
It's not falsetto it's high, and sadly pretty horrible to listen to. Pitching is awful in places.

It's very nearly falsetto, but because you are singing quietly, it's not really chest voice, and the usual break into falsetto doesn't happen. I sing falsetto frequently in the band and it needs wind and volume, and then there is a clear jump in octave and timbre when you switch. What you recorded is just what happens when you sing quietly but you need to practice and practice, because it's not very good I'm afraid.

It's not falsetto it's high, and sadly pretty horrible to listen to. Pitching is awful in places.

It's very nearly falsetto, but because you are singing quietly, it's not really chest voice, and the usual break into falsetto doesn't happen. I sing falsetto frequently in the band and it needs wind and volume, and then there is a clear jump in octave and timbre when you switch. What you recorded is just what happens when you sing quietly but you need to practice and practice, because it's not very good I'm afraid.

Hahah, dude, I totally get what you're saying.. If this tone was better than my normal singing I would be pretty furious since I don't think I would like to sing with that voice, but I was wondering what category that would go under..

About the quiet singing, that was probably a wrong decision from me, but I sang during the night when everyone was sleeping so I couldn't sing any louder.. And the thing you're saying about a clear switch between tones, I presume that you are talking about the beginning where my voice was a bit softer and lower and then I switched to this high singing, because it was hard to keep it in that first tone even though I think it sounds much better than the rest of the song, but it's just harder to sing, probably need to practice that.

But hey, atleast I was right about the song either sounding good or really bad, pretty sure there is no middle here hahah.. and now that I listen it in the morning it sounds more and more like Herbert the Pervert if you ever watched Family guy haha :D

Oh yeah, and I hear that pitching is awful in places, but I just didn't want to bother to record it again since I don't plan on singing falsetto, even if it's good haha, I was just wondering

Back