Does anyone compose their own classical scores?

this is what I'm thinking about...

if you check out www.freewebz.com/nadelius look for the song "Silver"... I'm thinking of completly redoing that song... using the basic chords of the song to make it more of something with a classical feel to it... it would also involve making the vocals into a true duet... instead of just a studio duet....

I don't know... maybe the changes would be best compared to Page and Plant's "Unleaded" show on MTV's unplugged. If you look at Kashmir or the Battle of Evermore and compare them to the original you'll get an idea of what I meen.

PLEASE contact me if you or someone you know might feel up to it. With a couple of good brains working that song could totally kick ass...

Classical composing is a lot fun if you know what you're doing... I'm a rock'n'roll junkie at heart though, so everything I write like that is arranged for guitars (oddly played) basses and slightly out of tune pianos... hey, whatever gets your "rocks" off...

That's a good song, Nadelius.
Ya did a good job. I'll go back later and check out your others tunes.
Yeah, I've been working on one for a few weeks now, no vocals though.

Nadelius,

Very cool song, cool recording, and a cool site too.

It sounds like the song was in C#m right? I was thinking maybe at one point, like somewhere in the middle of the song, the chord progression could switch to starting with E for a couple of times, then go back to C#m.

Sydney

Sydney,

You seem to have a few ideas... do you do any midi work? If so, would you like to give it a shot?

I have no experience with anything but my guitar and singing, and even if I did, I have no software, I can't read or write notes, nor do I have a Midi Keyboard... or the money for a good one.. in other words: I've no chance of doing it myself...

Badgas, you're working on one? If you have any ideas... go for it! I need all th help I can get...

Drownigman, you phrased it just right... everything I do is done with guitars thats why I'm asking for some help...

My idea was that someone does the accompaning Syphonic score, leaving room for all the lyrics, and a guitar solo at some point... besides that the guy with the strings and horns (symphony) can add whatever he wants to make it a long and beuatiful song...

If you want, I could post the story (somewhat of a fairytale) that goes along with the song... I know that some people use stories as inspiration (I certainly do)...

well if you're interested just say so... oh, and by the way: Ainur might me good for the same thing... I'd go for that one to...
Nadelius

Link Problem

I tried to use the link without success. You may have to go thru Excite to find him.(like I did)
chazba

you sure this guy Isn't trying to earn money..??.. I know I'm a wuss... but isn't there anyone who does this as a hobby?...??.... like the people on this forum...???... I get kinda timid when there's someone of whom I think they'll justy blow it off like a bad joke...??? should I...??? help...

Nadelius, the self certified wuss...

COURAGE, MY SON, COURAGE....

Just do it. He won't bite and if he wants to charge you, you can always say no thanks.....

Weelll..... I dun gone 'n did it... *spit* reckon that warn't so bad after all.....*spit*

maybe I just AIN'T such a low yeller varment... I jus' hope I ain't gon git let down 'gin... comp-il-atin' sho is a hard 'un to git goin'... *spit*

yos trooly
*spit* Na-de-lius *spit*

PEE ESS: my inquiry stills astandin... if ya'lls awontin, I's awaitn' *spit*...right here. I won't be arunnin O-F-T..

Hook, line and sinker...you got me.

The question is if I've got you? go ahead and look at the song... if you get any Ideas or questions just email me...

daniel_dunlap@gmx.net

I really liked your stuff... it's excactly what i'm looking for as far as the sound goes... i would like to be a little explosive with the emotions in "silver... a few strong jumps from piano to forte should do the trick... do you know the Forest gump score? it does that and kinda scares me at one point....

to be honest, I don't really know what I want... the main notes should be kept... Em - D - C - B (c to b IS a halfstep right?) maybe the most outstanding parts of the melody or the guitar... (I always have a picture of the intro guitar melody)

(I'm starting to get excited here, someone ACTUALLY answered!... I'd better wait for your response..)

Danny

OK Cool! I'll play around with this!
What key is "Silver" written in?
Someone mentioned C#m, is that correct?
You gave me some notes to follow, is that the chord progression of the song?
Do you read music at all? Even Tabs?
I'll throw up a bunch more questions when I think of them!

Given those notes, or that progression, the key would appear to be in Dmaj, or probably more appropriately Bminor.

Last edited:
just checked the books... Using E Blues and converting it into a latin-like minor scale results in an Eminor scale.

Remember the scene in starwars, where luke is standing all alone and looking out at the two suns setting? The music there is awesome... at first very piano and calm... a hint of sadness... then the cymbals and drums help the now forte melodie explode into a full wail of sadness... you literally could feel his eagerness to leave tatooine and find some adventure...

Wouldn't that be great in this song? Like I said before, I'll post the story to the song so that you can see what it's about. The classic story of forbidden love, and the death of one of the lovers as the result.

Back