Is This Demo I've Created Any Good?

AaronChapman

https://soundcloud.com/aaron-chap/sets/the-mountain-cries

All thoughts are welcomed :).

I shouldn't have said good, because that makes it seem like I'm begging for attention. I'm not really sure how to word that properly :P. Are the songs effective at portraying the messages I I have written? Is there obvious dissonance? Are my vocals controlled well enough or do I require a lot more careful practising?

Last edited:
Hi Aaron I'm listening to the demo as I'm writing this. After the soothing guitar instrumental Dim Star kicked in. I actually am thoroughly enjoying it. The unexpected dark turns in the melody really hook me. And your voice has a grungy soulful design to it. I wish you'd lived in Tampa so we could write and jam together. I'll be back after I get time to listen to more. Dim Star kicks ass. I'm totally serious in my thinking of wanting to write together :listeningmusic: Dark acoustic melodies are my style brotha!

Back again on Trust. The feeling and intonation on the notes is so cool I dig it. Very soulful reminded me a little of Hozier. There are some low notes in there that I felt like may have been a little forced. I dunno. Ticking Clock going on. I'd like to hear you mic'ed up to a good rig. Ticking Clock, I could imagine this becoming an eerie folksy classic with some thundering folk drums and viola.

Hey Jame, I really appreciate the comments and I'm glad you enjoy some of the Demo :). It would be awesome to collaborate with you. I went for a choppy structure for this Demo, trying to acquire this feeling of climbing a slippery slope. Many of the songs have this swinging feeling. I haven't been recording much lately because I've been busy with other projects, but I'd love to collaborate.

Back