Daughter Julie singing Beiber cover

Tom Paul

Check out this video of Julie singing "Love Yourself". I have posted a couple of things she sang over the last couple of years. Julie is 13. The video was simply an iPhone but we replaced the audio with a good mic. There is not pitch correction...just verb, vocal rides, EQ and compression. She is starting to build her on line presence on her own. She wants no advice there form "dad".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehlZC2U8oj0

Excellent - she has a great voice. Definitely one of the best sounding voices I've heard. She (and you) should be proud of this one. :)
So how did you record her without wearing headphones and not get background music??? It looks like the video matches the condenser recording.

Excellent - she has a great voice. Definitely one of the best sounding voices I've heard. She (and you) should be proud of this one. :)
So how did you record her without wearing headphones and not get background music??? It looks like the video matches the condenser recording.

Thanks! I played the backing track over the studio monitors and the mic was pointed away from them. We really didn't get a lot of bleed. Sinatra is said to have preferred this approach. Then we used Windows Move Maker, imported the video and the MP3 of the mix, time aligned them, muted the audio from the video, and printed the video. It tool a while to figure out but we know how to do in now.

She is really coming along. Thanks for listening.

Quite a natural you have there dad. Impressive to say the least.

There is still some room for improvement 'as there always is' but you gotta be super proud of her. I would sure be if my daughter could sing like that. She only 3 so not sure yet. lol

She obviously has naturally ability to control her voice. Fine tuning of that and she will be amazing. As I am sure she already is to you. :)

Keep working with her Tom. She is quite awesome. :thumbs up:

And thank you for sharing! :)

Excellent job! Congrats Papa! She's naturally got a great voice and a great ear. Hopefully her school has a good vocal program and she can shine and learn there as she journeys forward.

As you know the entertainment industry is a brutally tough one that takes extreme dedication, hard work and VERY THICK skin. She's definitely got the goods to be a pro entertainer but it is a tough road to hoe. Most of us old farts here all know someone that had the whole package but never "made it"

Hope she finds her path and can realize her dreams. She is really very good.

Excellent job! Congrats Papa! She's naturally got a great voice and a great ear. Hopefully her school has a good vocal program and she can shine and learn there as she journeys forward.

As you know the entertainment industry is a brutally tough one that takes extreme dedication, hard work and VERY THICK skin. She's definitely got the goods to be a pro entertainer but it is a tough road to hoe. Most of us old farts here all know someone that had the whole package but never "made it"

Hope she finds her path and can realize her dreams. She is really very good.

You know, we just talked to a producer and realized that making it in the music business isn't really a goal right now for Julie. She sings and acts in Middle school plays, gets great grades, and is incredibly busy now. The producer turns out to want money to produce a single in his studio etc. Those guys are finding her. We know that if she really goes after it down the road she can hope for more than that. She wants to have fun with music now and I am 100% with her there.

You know, we just talked to a producer and realized that making it in the music business isn't really a goal right now for Julie. She sings and acts in Middle school plays, gets great grades, and is incredibly busy now. The producer turns out to want money to produce a single in his studio etc. Those guys are finding her. We know that if she really goes after it down the road she can hope for more than that. She wants to have fun with music now and I am 100% with her there.

Great to hear Tom. There is much more that she can accomplish with her talent than just being a pop star. Allow her to expand on her singing/theater as she continues her education. Promote her writing music/lyrics herself as she matures. Having fun with what she does now is really all that matters.

I fully understand the joy you have hearing her talent. What a treat...

I don't wish to come across as if I am giving advice that you don't already know. Just giving my personal opinion.

I wish the best to your princess! I have one as well.

Reactions: TAE
You know, we just talked to a producer....The producer turns out to want money to produce a single in his studio etc.
Run don't walk away..

Oy the weasels... the industry is full of users and abusers.

My 2 girls are now in their 30's... both sang in choir in high school and had a great time. Incredible chorale director. The older one has had some cool experiences ( got to sing the national anthem at Dodger stadium ) and sings at some events at the school district she works at as an administrator. We dealt with a few "Baby Boobala... I'm gonna make you a star" clowns when she was in her late teens...Glad she only does it casually and has a full on "normal" ( whatever that is ) life.

It's awesome that you have something that you yourself enjoy to share and have in common with her at this sometimes difficult age...savor every minute cause the years fly by way faster than you can imagine.

The girl has got takent :thumbs up:
Now just keep the sharks in the industry away from her, and for God's sake, get her away from Beiber! :D

It's awesome that you have something that you yourself enjoy to share and have in common with her at this sometimes difficult age...savor every minute cause the years fly by way faster than you can imagine.[/QUOTE]

You know, TAE, you are right on there. It is hard to connect with my daughter and music does give us something that we can do together. We perform freebie events like hospitals and nursing homes together and we are a duo, singing harmonies, etc. She loves it and it fosters a sense of giving without taking. I also know that when she takes the stage in 2 weeks as Wendy in Peter Pan I'm gonna have tears running down my cheeks.

Jimmy, I hope you enjoy life with your little girl and share many wonderful adventures!

We perform freebie events like hospitals and nursing homes together and we are a duo, singing harmonies, etc. She loves it and it fosters a sense of giving without taking.

This also looks VERY nice on intent letters to colleges! She's got a great start on her life. :)

This sounds awesome! You're a great dad, doing her recordings and videos and stuff! Keep up the good work!

Back