Critique My Vocals Please? (No Instrumental, Raw Audio)

DemonicDax

Hello, I plan on using this to audition for a band, but before I do I was wondering if anyone here could give me their opinion on my singing. I didn't use instrumental in this because when I would listen to it my vocals didn't sound as good as when I didn't so I decided to not use instrumental. So please let me know what you think.
~Cody

So it's obvious that even you know you sing out of tune and dropped the backup music. The good news is you have potential.
In my humble opinion, you could join a garage band and practice steady for a few months and do a BOB. But do you have the swagger of Mick Jagger? That gets you more chicks....

Tone is okay. Pitch needs work. You could sing if you practiced at it. Go for it. I wouldn't use that particular recording for an audition. You need a backing track. Few of us can sing to pitch acapella. Some of us have trouble even with the backing.

Seriously? Your pitch control is pretty bad. Apparently you can't hear this or you wouldn't have posted the clip. How will you improve if you can't hear it?

Pull the clip off the web and burn it, then practice for a year and try again.

First off, props for putting yourself out there with an a capella. That said, I would not use that for an audition. It's not solid enough to be blunt and honest. Submit something with a backing track as others have mentioned and do look to get lessons or instruction in some form (e.g. join a choir or something) that will allow you to improve your pitch and such. Keep at it though.

Back