Chest voice or Head voice?

Bupextreme

I'm a beginner I've been wondering when I try to hit high notes is that falsetto or head voice cuz to this day I still can't tell the difference.

Falsetto is the high part of yodelling - when you tighten the rear of your throat and the note pops up an octave, and doesn't use the chest.

Yeah same thing has been happening to me for certain links. And to OP this sounds like falsetto voice for those high parts. Idk anyone who can sing the weeknd's high end in just chest voice alone. That would be something to witness though. However, from my previous instruction, something many singers want to accomplish is a more seamless transition from chest to head voice so that it becomes less obvious when switching. For example, and please do not flame me for saying this, but Justin Bieber has a fairly seamless transition between his two voices that it becomes hard to tell which voice he is activating/using . I listened to his acoustic version of Be Alright and was having a tough time discerning when he was using what voice when the line between low and high notes was getting blurry!

Back