Can I get feedback on my voice?

W772

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and I was hoping to get some feedback on my singing voice. I've always been curious to know what type of voice I have and what people think about it. I also appreciate any constructive feedback. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Well done. You have a nice vocal tone. The only constructive criticism I have is that it sounds like you are singing predominantly in your head voice or from the throat. Your voice in some areas reminds me of Elliot Smith, but you carry a more modern pop feeling. I feel like your voice is slightly quivering in some areas from not having the proper breathing pattern. I reccomend you practise some breathing techniques. Lip rolls are good for this :P (hold your breath and make that horse sound lol). You're voice is pleasant though. This might make it more clear to you :P. There's that meaty chest voice which you hear well when you speak normaly and then there's the head voice or mix voice when you push that sound closer to the back of your throat where the soft pallete is. Try to hum your songs some and sing with the same heaviness you have when you speak and slowly, without straining your voice, work your way up. There's not much I should say and if you think any of my advice is correct, then be very careful enacting it because I'm not even close to being a professional. Keep Singing :).

Hey, thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it and more importantly, I absolutely agree with you. I do feel as though I could have sung with a little bit more of a chestier tone. And yes, I will definitely work on my breathing :)

Anyway, I just recently uploaded another clip, although this time it's acapella. I wanted to put a bit more of an edgier spin on my voice (just based on the feedback other people have given me which was similar to your feedback). It would be great to see what you or anyone else out there thinks about this clip :)

Here it is:

Back