Beginner singer! Advice ;)

Marshall2000

Hello! Just joined the forum! Great to see a thriving community!

I am a beginner singer! I had around about 5 lessons late last year but had to stop them because of prices.

Im hoping someone can listen to me sing the last chorus in Adele's hometown glory! I am really struggling with the falsetto notes. Im not sure if they're in tune or sound fitting with the rest!? Please bare in mind; I could not sing a note in tune before lessons!!! Also, this was recorded on my mobile so I apologise for the quality. It is acapella as well. It isn't in the original key also, that is too low for me. Thanks for your time!

Here; My cover of the last chorus in Adele's Hometown Glory - YouTube

First when you post you need to post your singing with the music so we can hear how you sound with it, acapellas can only tell what is happening between the notes , which is not enough

Second, best advice, you need to continiue vocal lesson, have you ever seen a post by a doctor saying he dropped college because it was expensive but if we can check out his latest surgery?
Get a job, and go to vocal lesson for at least a year, trust me that's the best advice you'll ever get (oh and find the right teacher since there's a lot of crap ot there)

First when you post you need to post your singing with the music so we can hear how you sound with it, acapellas can only tell what is happening between the notes , which is not enough

Second, best advice, you need to continiue vocal lesson, have you ever seen a post by a doctor saying he dropped college because it was expensive but if we can check out his latest surgery?
Get a job, and go to vocal lesson for at least a year, trust me that's the best advice you'll ever get (oh and find the right teacher since there's a lot of crap ot there)

Ok, well thanks for taking the time to post. Getting a job is a no go at the moment, (15 years of age). I will post it with music someday, but I get really conscious when singing along to music (without other vocals). I can never tell if I'm singing in tune or in a different key and to me, it sounds awful, even when I'm performing it xD. I'm am currently taking lessons again, just booked one, a different coach. They charge cheaper.

But anyway, I know it was without music, but how did it sound? Was it listenable?

Back