Use Ipad as USB microphone?

FllaviX

Hi guys! I'm wondering if any of you know a way to use an Ipad as microphone when connected via USB to a computer.
I know there are apps that let you use the headphones out to drive the signal but I'm thinking that if connected via usb it would save up an input on my interface.

Ok, I eventually figured it out. I used a USB audio cable to connect it to the Ipad's headphopne out and used a microphone app. However I realized that unfortunately in Cubase I can't use an input channel from a different source than my audio interface, which is strange because in Windows I can hear the signal from my USB cable through my audio interface. If anybody knows of a workaround pls let me know. Until then I will have to use the Ipad through the interface to record until I get a proper mic :)

Most daws can only be connected to one interface at a time. The driver for the interface sets the latency and a bunch of other things, so you can't have more than onenough at a time.

Yeah,
Windows will handle multiple input/output devices but your DAW will generally only 'speak' to one at a time, with rare exceptions.

Back