Small setup for vocals on iPad

aien89

Hi guys.

I record vocals and acoustic ukulele. I want a small, easy setup that doesn't take up too much space. Which of these setups would you recommend for the purpose?
- Blue Yeti USB straight to iPad.
- My AT4050mic into iRig Pre to iPad.
- AT 4050mic into iRig Pro to iPad.

Maybe you have other suggestions? If you want an audio interface it has to be very small, for example smaller than the Scarlett 2i2. But the budget is max 400 dollars.

Thanks for your input.

for doing that the USB Mic game seems good and easy....just get the best USB mic you can get and some room work(blankets etc..) Im sure those are getting better and better by now.
Uke...i like that sound.

I've had surprisingly good results using an iPad and a Tascam plug in mic. It plugs into the device /charge socket on the iPad. I wouldn't compare it to a studio grade mic by any stretch, but it's quiet and efficient and has its own preamp. The best thing about it is that as a plug in device, it's no more obtrusive than the iPad itself, so you can do great guerilla recording with it.

I don't think it's available new any more, but used mics are on ebay all the time. I paid a little over 20 bucks for mine as a used mic.

main.jpg

Back