recording on iPhone with a usb interface. Noob needs advice.

ecc83

Hi,
Son is in France and has an iPhone and an M-Audio Fast track pro (that's the old, 2 channel jobbie not the dinky "fast track" thing).

So, "iPhone recording for noobs 101" please! What to I need to buy him and whats the best app' for just 2 channel demos?

Dave.

I'll post a few tutorials...iPhone's below 5 are less powerful so it does depend on what model iPhone you own... iPhone 6 have a tone of processing power..

Thanks TAE that vid was very helpful.
Big problem! Son only has a phone (i3) and he wants to use a USB AI but the video said this would not work via the camera adapter because of power requirements.
The AI will be self powered do you know if that combination will work please?

Dave.

If the interface is powered I'm going to guess it will work via the camera kit... I know it does on the iPad....

Kind of swamped right now but Ill download one of the recorders for iPhone and see if it works on my 3gs..I've upgraded to a i5 but I'll see what the 3 does

If the interface is powered I'm going to guess it will work via the camera kit... I know it does on the iPad....

Kind of swamped right now but Ill download one of the recorders for iPhone and see if it works on my 3gs..I've upgraded to a i5 but I'll see what the 3 does

Most kind.

Dave.

Son has emailed to say that it seems he needs iOs 8.1 on his 3g phone. Can he do that? He and I are stumped.
Like a bloody fool I did not buy a Zoom H1 in a pawn shop for a nifty a week ago. Gone the next day!

I might just bite the bullet and buy a new one.

Dave.

Back