Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 111

Thread: New Category in User forums by brand

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Covina in So Cali
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,304
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 175 Times in 147 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474857

    New Category in User forums by brand

    Sign in to disable this ad
    Just an observation as an Old timer here..

    I strongly encourage the powers that be to add an iPad Category to the "User Forums by brand" section.

    I have recently started experimenting with the iPad as a sound module and recording device and all I can say is HOLY SHIT!

    I would think that it will not only help and educate the current HR.comr's on the amazing things this new tool can do but will, via Google and attrition bring many new members to the site....

    Just sayin.......


    AMAZINGLY POWERFUL MUSIC PRODUCTION TOOL



    ipad-jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    954
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    4258593
    If you haven't got the Audiobus app yet, you need to go ahead and get it.
    XploZiveToyz
    "Remember: Children should never be allowed to play with XploZiveToyz!"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In Jimistoners head
    Age
    57
    Posts
    8,388
    Thanks
    184
    Thanked 170 Times in 135 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Whats the best mic for an ipad for under $100?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to muttley600 For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    808
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 79 Times in 56 Posts
    Rep Power
    2369476
    Quote Originally Posted by XploZiveToyz View Post
    If you haven't got the Audiobus app yet, you need to go ahead and get it.
    seriously. I was never a big iPad fan before but they're really changing the game in the audio world. the best part is, people still complain about a $10-$30 synth app that would cost hundreds of dollars otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by muttley600 View Post
    Whats the best mic for an ipad for under $100?
    I've dabbled with a few mics that connect directly to an iPad, but none worth mentioning that's less than $100. I was pleasantly surprised from the quality I was able to achieve using the Rode NT-USB which is a bit more at around $169, but if I were you, I would just get an iRig PRE (or something similar) instead of spending less than 100 on a USB mic, so you can just connect any of your favorite XLR mics to your iPhone/iPad through the pre. I think it's under 40 bucks. Obviously not a mind-blowing piece of high-end gear but at least you'll be able to use any mic in your arsenal while staying under budget.

    Our US editor of AF, Mike Levine, wrote a 2-part article on a portable studio and is really interested in the increased integration of iOS software and hardware in the audio world. I'm sure you'll get good feedback here on HR, but if you want him to go into more depth about what he likes about the different mics he's tried, he's pretty accessible via PM.

    Anyway, hope that helps, cheers.
    Last edited by calimoose; 10-29-2014 at 06:53. Reason: Edited the article URL to take you directly to the section on mic choices

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Clinton, NC
    Posts
    5,676
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 444 Times in 417 Posts
    Rep Power
    10005771
    Soundcloud Page
    I don't care about my ego, I care about my mixes--Just say what you mean.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    the eye of satan's butthole
    Posts
    36,076
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 556 Times in 499 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    And you can play Angry Birds on it!

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In Jimistoners head
    Age
    57
    Posts
    8,388
    Thanks
    184
    Thanked 170 Times in 135 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BroKen_H View Post

  9. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In Jimistoners head
    Age
    57
    Posts
    8,388
    Thanks
    184
    Thanked 170 Times in 135 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by calimoose View Post

    I've dabbled with a few mics that connect directly to an iPad, but none worth mentioning that's less than $100. I was pleasantly surprised from the quality I was able to achieve using the Rode NT-USB which is a bit more at around $169, but if I were you, I would just get an iRig PRE (or something similar) instead of spending less than 100 on a USB mic, so you can just connect any of your favorite XLR mics to your iPhone/iPad through the pre. I think it's under 40 bucks. Obviously not a mind-blowing piece of high-end gear but at least you'll be able to use any mic in your arsenal while staying under budget.

    Our US editor of AF, Mike Levine, wrote a 2-part article on a portable studio and is really interested in the increased integration of iOS software and hardware in the audio world. I'm sure you'll get good feedback here on HR, but if you want him to go into more depth about what he likes about the different mics he's tried, he's pretty accessible via PM.

    Anyway, hope that helps, cheers.
    I guess I should let you in on the joke but it's been running so long here I don't think I am allowed to...

    Now.... is the Ipad any good for Rap music..?


  10. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    808
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 79 Times in 56 Posts
    Rep Power
    2369476
    Quote Originally Posted by muttley600 View Post
    I guess I should let you in on the joke but it's been running so long here I don't think I am allowed to...

    Now.... is the Ipad any good for Rap music..?

    I kinda figured lol, mutt with a question about usb mics for under 100 sounded very out-of-character, even to me.

    Don't update me, I don't deserve it. Let me wallow away in the shame of exclusion before I cower back to the forums, tail between legs, sure to think before I post

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    808
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 79 Times in 56 Posts
    Rep Power
    2369476
    But having said that, some of the stuff that iPads are becoming capable of doing from a music production standpoint are actually becoming pretty fucking awesome

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Brand new Pro Tools User
    By phunkbase in forum Newbies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 01:06
  2. Suggestion for user forums by brand
    By Atillah in forum Gear Reviews & Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 21:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •