Demoing Korg Module App | Korg Sound Module (Acoustic Pianos

SAM CA

Just bought my first "Piano App" ever! I was never drawn to them before. I'm still not going to use them in a serious recording but I can see how useful they can be for practice, rehearsals, or even some live performances.

Korg Module App:

Korg Module App | KApro Orchestral Dreams:

Korg Module App | Ivory Mobile Grand - Synthogy

Last edited:
I went ahead and took the plunge and got the Korg Module. Running on an old iPad2.

Sounds pretty good, but only a tiny bit disappointing.
Disappointing only because it's not really a synth. It's just a soundfont player. So when switching patches, there's a slight delay while it loads the next set of samples.
I coulda lived with half as many Clavinets and maybe devoted that to something else.

Went ahead and got the Triton add-on pack. Again, while the sounds are pretty good, they're still just samples of the real thing. Some of the samples are great.
Oddly, some are more-or-less repeats of the Module sounds. I mean, with the good Module organ sounds - and they really are good - then why would I want a Triton version of an organ? So there's maybe a half-dozen or more "repeats". Not exactly the same, but pretty close to what's already there in the Module.

Didn't spring for Ivory because it'd be a bit overkill for my band.

Also went for a copy of iM1. Very cool. Doesn't work and play well with Module, but a lotta fun to play around with, at least.

I went ahead and took the plunge and got the Korg Module. Running on an old iPad2.

Sounds pretty good, but only a tiny bit disappointing.
Disappointing only because it's not really a synth. It's just a soundfont player. So when switching patches, there's a slight delay while it loads the next set of samples.
I coulda lived with half as many Clavinets and maybe devoted that to something else.

Went ahead and got the Triton add-on pack. Again, while the sounds are pretty good, they're still just samples of the real thing. Some of the samples are great.
Oddly, some are more-or-less repeats of the Module sounds. I mean, with the good Module organ sounds - and they really are good - then why would I want a Triton version of an organ? So there's maybe a half-dozen or more "repeats". Not exactly the same, but pretty close to what's already there in the Module.

Didn't spring for Ivory because it'd be a bit overkill for my band.

Also went for a copy of iM1. Very cool. Doesn't work and play well with Module, but a lotta fun to play around with, at least.

I haven't tried iM1 but I LOVE Ivory. I'm not a huge iPad producer/musician so these limitations don't bother me. There's a great Facebook group for iOS musicians who know a lot about the subject.

Back