DAW for an iPad

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
All,

What cheap DAWs are Available on the iPad?

I've exclusively used REAPER for at least 5 years, probably longer but it's not available on the iPad. Doesn't need to be great, just a place for me to build drum loops and record ideas. Don't necessarily need a built in amp sim.

Cheers. Just checked. It's free too!
Hopefully I'll be able to get some stuff done with it and drum processing will be possible. Hopefully there'll be results in the tone thread before too long.

It's quite limited - it's part of the Apple package of apps included with all their Macs. I don't think you can use any 3rd party VSTs. Probably does what you want, though.

iPad DAWs Overview – iPad Music - Reviews several DAWs for iPad, with prices, pros, and cons.

Best iOS Daw For iPad | iPad Loops, Music Production Apps, And Hardware - Seems to be an older article, but I think it mentions one not listed in the preceding review, also additional links at bottom of page.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/multitrack-daw/id329322101?mt=8

13 of the best iPad/iPhone iOS DAWs and workspaces | Apple GarageBand, £2.99/$4.99 | Tech News | MusicRadar

iOS DAW roundup - which recording app should you choose? - Music App Blog

These are just a few results from searching for "best daws for ipad."

I have been using auria for about a year now. It's quite incredible. Cheapo version is $25. Full is $50. They are about to come out with the pro version which supports full midi.

Everything thinks that so much for an app. On the desktop, the fabfilter limiter is $200. On the iPad, you can buy auria, the fabfilter limiter, compressor and eq for that. Tough to beat.

Auria. I love it. I've used it 2 or 3 years now. It's inexpensive and easy-to-use. The FX you can buy are inexpensive and first rate.

Last edited:
Auria for audio (though its has midi as well now) or Cubasis for midi

if its a midi sketchpad Korg Gadget is hard to beat

Back