Thread: Considering Getting iPhone 6s for using Loopy, need good Mic Reccomendations

Thanks

Considering Getting iPhone 6s for using Loopy, need good Mic Reccomendations

Sign in to disable this ad
    Greetings,

I am considering getting an iPhone 6s to run Loopy on, and I'm looking for recommendations for a good mic to use for vocals, acoustic guitar, sax, flute, etc. I wonder about the possibility of running a stereo mic, and I am looking for the best live airy sound I can get. I am picky about sound, and only began to get the quality I wanted for recording using a pair of Neumann TLM 193's or a Groove Tube 6TM large diaphragm tube mic. That said, my budget will likely have to settle for the best I can find for $300-$400 to pay for the mic alone, preferably a used one. I have not used Loopy enough to know whether it is good enough to create pro quality recordings?

I'm hot to work on arrangements for the brass band I just recently formed, to run ideas for vocal harmonies for my songwriter stuff, to create arrangements for songs for Village Fire, and to do live looping for shows, among other things.

Thanks,

Peter.

Thanks
    Wow, 544 views and not a peep from anyone. As I look down the list of posts I see a pattern. 100's of views and scant replies. Where's the conversation?

Thanks
    Hi and welcome to HR!

I'm afraid phone and tablet recording isn't hugely popular around here.
    Your 100s are views are mostly guests, google hits, and bots.
    In real terms, your thread has been viewed by five people and we're two of them (it's listed at the bottom).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grawlf View Post
    That's a tad too much terminology. What do you mean by 'mix'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steenamaroo View Post
    No VST can emulate that smell.

Thread Information