Behringer is202

TAE

All you have is now
After looking at all the different iPad interfaces and knowing this is all beta first generation stuff I chose the is202 at $100 to start my experimenting.

Had my first gig two weeks ago and man I was the shit with my iPad soft synths / keys...for about 1 song...WTF! Yep right in the middle of the song sound went out from the is202 and it was no longer receiving midi messages. As an old boy scout I was prepared and switched over to my MOX8 to get me through the song and unfortunately the rest of the gig..between songs I could not get the sucker to work...ugh!

Got it home and tried a few times with other controllers...no bueno... then as fast as it stopped working..it started again

called Sweetwater and they quickly sent me a new one...Sweetwater is #1 in service.

Well the jury is out and I will be reporting back on this interface as I poke around with it. Can't get the iPad soft synths to recognize my Yamaha FC7 expression pedal. The manual on this merits the most useless manual ever made award...the Behringer customer service guys in Nevada are cool enough and knowledgeable but without the data from the factory their hands are tied too. They recommended I call my software peeps but it is looking like that I am not going to be using the expression pedal through the is202..we'll see..

Here's the Behringer link to the is202

Just an update...opted out on Behringer is202...As much as I really liked the convenience, knobs and buttons ...I was no getting a good consistent audio signal out...crackling at high volume :( so off it went back to Sweetwater.

I bought the iconnectivity and it is VERY functional but had to get a protective case for the iPad...in actuality probably a better way to go than the units the hold the ipad as if they drop their toast.

Back