49-88 midi keys for android? Do they exist?

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone could recommend me/know any midi keyborad with at least 49 keys that will work with my Samsung Note 8 Android phone? The phone has a proper USB-C type 3.1 port if that information will help...

I would like to try to stay away from mini-keys if possible (the more standard size the better) and I have no interest what so ever in pads, faders and so on... Just plain simple keys will do just fine, though I would not disqualify a keybord just because/if it has faders, pads and so on.. but there are of no interest for me - as I allready have an M-Audio Axiom AIR 61, I would use this only for traveling and piano practice...

Regards,
BabyBottle

I would think that any MIDI keyboard that's MIDI class-compliant ought to work as long as you've got an appropriate adapter/cable to go from the keyboard's MIDI or USB-MIDI port to the phone's USB-C port? But I don't have an Android phone to try it with, so I can neither confirm nor deny that.

Thank you for your fast reply.. well i would think so to but i then start to wounder why almost every approximatly keyboard always states ios compability with apple camera cable and almost never a word about compability with Android... that is what makes me wounder/makes me doubtfull.. only really keyboards that clearly states compability with Android is for example the iRig keys and iRig keys pro but they are only 37 keys....

So i thought i'd ask if someone knows of any 49-88 keys keyboards that is confirmed to work fine with Android....

My axiom air 61 Will not work as it seems...and that is why i Look for a simple keyboard with few functions...

The thing about connecting one USB device (e.g., a keyboard with USB-MIDI, or a MIDI keyboard connected via a USB-MIDI interface) to another USB device (e.g., a computer, laptop, tablet, or smart phone) is that one of the two devices has to be able to act as a USB host. When using a standard USB-A/USB-B cable (a.k.a. a "USB printer cable"), the end with the USB-A connector goes to the USB host device. From what little I've read, the problem usually encountered with Android mobile devices is that they often don't have a built-in capability to act as a USB host-- or if they do, there might be something that needs to be configured in order to connect USB devices to them.

EDIT: For more information related to your specific device, see the following:

samsung note 8 android usb host - Recherche Google

Just spotted this. No idea really but. Sound on Sound review at least one keyboard a month and usually 2 or 3 other MIDI related devices so there must be someone on the strength that would know?

The other idea is those clever Kenton MIDI people?

Dave.

Back