Your thoughts on 5 week recording workshop?

videodrone

I heard good things about these 5 week workshops, what are your thoughts, i have found some for about 3 grand, is that the going rate or could i find sumthin for cheaper, do you learn alot in these?

It's been a long time since I attended, but I went to "The Recording Workshop" in OH, wouldn't trade the experience for the world, even though it may seem like a short period of time they really cram a lot into it, I got to play with the real stuff in over 5 different "Real studios" recording real bands, at all hours of the night and day.

ds21 said:
It's been a long time since I attended, but I went to "The Recording Workshop" in OH, wouldn't trade the experience for the world, even though it may seem like a short period of time they really cram a lot into it, I got to play with the real stuff in over 5 different "Real studios" recording real bands, at all hours of the night and day.

AWESOME BRO!!...I either want to go there or the Conservatory of recording in AZ. My problem is that I'm in the US with a Student Visa, and when I finish University I gotta find A job at a company or something so they can hire me and they can ask for a Visa status change...from student to working. Besides, I wanna work in the Music industry here in the states, I dont wanna go back to my country where the music industry is on the ground. All I wanted to know is if the Recording workshop helps you find a job after you graduate from their program...and If not, what can you do after you graduate, go door by door asking for the job...as a technician or what??

Thanx
Peace
Jose

DS21 - thats the same one i was looking at in Oh. what did you know when you went in there and what did you knwo when you came out?

How do you think they helped your recording/mix/mastering skills.
Did they teach you Protools there when you went, what did you think about that?

any other input on teh expierience would be great,

I may sound cheap for saying this but i've heard of a recording class that they will be coming out with soon that you take in your home via the internet. I'm 14 now, but i'm thinking of recording classes. I don't know how much it is but i know it is not $3000!

zeke

Like I said it's has been a while since I attended, ProTools wasn't even around, Analouge was king, 1985. There weren't all these mags (only Mix mag) and internet to learn from, so basically I knew nothing, I mean nothing, came out knowing what seamed like everything, the equipment, the work etiquette, what's expected from you in the "big studios" as a second engineer, and not just recording music, but voiceovers, folley work, radio spots, editing..., from there everything was so easy, when you have a base to work from. They will help you find job leads... it's in their best interest to.

ds21 said:
Like I said it's has been a while since I attended, ProTools wasn't even around, Analouge was king, 1985. There weren't all these mags (only Mix mag) and internet to learn from, so basically I knew nothing, I mean nothing, came out knowing what seamed like everything, the equipment, the work etiquette, what's expected from you in the "big studios" as a second engineer, and not just recording music, but voiceovers, folley work, radio spots, editing..., from there everything was so easy, when you have a base to work from. They will help you find job leads... it's in their best interest to.

Great, Thanx for the info.

Are you working as recording engineer at any sudio or record label right now?? if so, was if hard to get the job, what did you do?...

Peace
Jose

Back