yorkville apex 430

Magnum Pi

There are two questions here...please respond to both:

Does anyone besides Green Hornet endorse the apex 430? I was just wondering because I'm about to buy either two cheaper condensors or one slightly more expensive condensor. At the $140 price tag that Hornet quotes, the apex would fit nicely in my budget...but I don't want to buy crap.

So...here are my actual questions:

1) Does anyone else endorse the Yorkville Apex 430?

2) If you had a choice between one really good mic (AT 4033, Rode NT2, etc...) OR two less expensive mics (apex 430, Rode NT3, etc...) what would you pick.

*subquestion = of the mics i've named and/or any that you might deem better quality, what would you choose.

Background info: I will want to use the mic/mics I buy for drum overheads, acoustic guitar and vocals.

i don't know all of the mic's your mentioning.but the NT1 & NT3 are good mic's.May be 2 cheaper ones for a good stereo effect is a good idea :D

I'll stik with Hornet here. I am buying one very soon to add to my mess. I haven't heard the mic yet, but I like Yorkville and believe their quality to be better than anyone else in their price range.

Oh, also, depending where youre at in Oh, we may me able to compare some of the others.

H2H

Yo H2HO2 plus Scotch = Oh Boy!

Thanks for your confidence. I've tested the Apex 430 that I got; I haven't done a project yet. However, I do believe you will like the mic. [little rhetorical play there]

I LOVE MY YORKVILLE YSM-1 monitors. For the bucks, I don't think there are ANY other monitors out there that will sound as clear and crisp.

I'm looking now to buy a Yorkville DIRECT BOX, which goes for around 80 pezzutos.

Have fun man,

Green Hornet

Back