Yo tubedude! peep sytek mpx4a and symetrix 528

CyanJaguar

hey tubedude,

I have the 4a, not the 4aii. I dont have the burr brown stuff either. What does it look like?

Anyhow,

this song was done with both the sytek and the symetrix. I had him come over just for this. Your'e welcome.

The left guitar is the marshall v67 going into the sytek on channel one. I really like the sound. Its more airy than the symetrix.

The right guitar was the guitar going direct into the symetrix.

no eq or compression on the guitars, just quick recording. We did not even mess with placement.

The vocal was the symetrix. I chose v67 into symetrix cos we were only going to do one quick take and I needed the compression and deessing. I don't have the v67 anymore. Sold it to a friend and then borrowed it for the session. For some reason, I could not eq out the midrange boost on caleb's voice.

Can you guess, just from the sound quality alone, which converters I used. listen hard.

The symetrix goes for as low as $220 on ebay,no higher than $300, and I am almost sure that it will become a pre of choice from some on this board.

has deesser, nice sounding compressor(hit it hard and it gives you a nice analog sound), three bands of fully parametric, sweepable eq, mic in, instrument in, output volume . nice

I'll post a vocal of the sytek maybe monday

Back