wireless headphones

stupidfatnugly

I was thinking it would be nice to be able to move around without a chord stuck to your head when tracking vocals.

anybody else have wireless headphones? are there any issues with them?

All wireless gear (mics, headphones, whatever) is subject to a lot of outside interfearance. I've never tried wireless headphones but I know without a doubt wireless mics are virtualy useless in a studio. In any studio you want the best/clearest sound you can get, it doesn't make sense to risk getting noise or loosing signal strength just for a little more freedom of movement.

Yes, there are signal problems even when you are close by the transmitter. (I have AR wireless headphones). As long as you are not concerned, and are just using them as monitor while recording, no problem.

I just need to be able to hear the song and sing along without any timing issues

I can listen to it later on some beyerdynamic dt770's or monitors . so as long as that interference doesn't throw the vocal timing off I'd be good I think.

how's my logic?

Well most wireless headphones are site of line transmitting, if your in another room or around the corner or if the couch is in the way you'll be in trouble.

Wireless headphones are made in both Infrared(line of site) and RF(radio frequency) I advise against RF in a studio environment because you can get some interference into your system. IR is fine but like mentioned earlier it won't do much for you if your recording in another room.

Back