Will Macbook Pro laptop help ??

samcharles

I am going to set up an home studio.. I am going to get the Macbook pro laptop 2.7Ghz, i-7processor. I will be installing the protools LE8 for the sound card Digidesign 003.

I want the monitor display from macbook to Samsung 21inches LCD monitor to work with the bigger size of tracks. As the Macbook pro is 13.3inches it would be very small to move and work with the tracks. So can i take the connection from the laptop to the LCD monitor? In the similar way i would like to employ a remote Microsoft computer keyboard and a mouse. Will this be possible y my macbook? Pls help me.

You can plug your MacBook Pro into your external monitor AND use the Mac Book's monitor at the same time, so you'll have a dual monitor setup. That's what I'm using as I write this. The big advantage there is you can have the mix window on one monitor and the edit window on the other. You'll have to buy the adapter from Apple. They are about $35.

You can also plug in any USB keyboard & mouse, or bluetooth. If you want to use a USB keyboard and mouse AND the iLok of Pro Tools, you'll need a USB hub. These are not expensive.

Good luck

In my studio I have a microsoft keyboard and trackball mouse on the console, there is an LCD mounted between the monitors. The usual set up is that the studio computer (PC) is plugged into the keyboard, trackball and LCD. When I'm not producing I have another producer than uses the studio, They bring a Mac Laptop with Protools. (I don't use Protools) They sit the laptop up on the rack, Plug in the Microsoft Keyboard, Trackball Mouse and the LCD (oh and the fire wire Analog / Digital interface) and away they go with everything in front of them.

So yes it should work fine.

Alan.

I am going to set up an home studio.. I am going to get the Macbook pro laptop 2.7Ghz, i-7processor. I will be installing the protools LE8 for the sound card Digidesign 003.

I want the monitor display from macbook to Samsung 21inches LCD monitor to work with the bigger size of tracks. As the Macbook pro is 13.3inches it would be very small to move and work with the tracks. So can i take the connection from the laptop to the LCD monitor? In the similar way i would like to employ a remote Microsoft computer keyboard and a mouse. Will this be possible y my macbook? Pls help me.

Should work fine.

That's what I have - and the latest version comes with the new Thunderbolt socket. Mine has this as I only bought it about 10 days ago to replace my old PC.

You need the adaptor from Apple (as has been said). I am getting a 1TB firewire800 external drive for the sound files to save filling up the laptop drive.

I use the Apple Magic Mouse (Bluetooth) as it doesn't take up a USB port.

I use the laptop's keyboard, myself.

I use a dual monitor setup as well. The Macbook display and an HP 22" display. Dual monitor is the way to go because as said before you have one display for the mix window and one for the edit window.

Back