The wife/girlfriend who hates your band/project.....

I got lucky... the one I'm dating likes to write music with me (acoustic), and still wants to go to my shows and even purchase merch instead of asking for a free one (in a metalcore genre).
You poor guy... I hope your friend figures out what he's going to do about that.
If he stays in the band or not, I'd try and tell him to figure out why his wife is such a psychopath, and resolve that issue first. Ain't no way I'd take that.
I actually like how RawDepth put it in his comment...

DUDES!!!...I KNOW, ITS COMPLETLEY PATHETIC!

There's nothing I can do.

At the very least I know it makes me realize how lucky I am to have a supportive wife, who understands that my passion is music. She maybe doesnt like the money I spend sometimes but what i said to her is basically this. If I golfed I would easily spend as much or more on clubs, green fee's cart fee's, beer, food,, not to mention gas etc. I dont bitch about 50 dollar hair appontments every month, or pedicure's or about the 1 million shoes and 250 thousand purses in our closet.

Thankfully I am very happy, If you have supportive partner be sure to thank them today and think of my fallen brother. ....Poor bastard.

Without boring you with the whole story , how have/do you guys handle that person that thinks everything your doing is stupid and a waste of time?

The little project that we have started is grinding to a hault because my pussy whipped guitarist has not been allowed to use the computer the last two days...LOL.

Give her a tambourine and ask her to sing backup... ha....it's been done.

how do you guys handle that person that thinks everything your doing is stupid and a waste of time ?
I simply point out that Donald duck said the great Peabody said that time is nothing on the cosmic scale and that also, I'm outrageously happy in my stupidity. Bah~bing !

The little project that we have started is grinding to a hault because my pussy whipped guitarist has not been allowed to use the computer the last two days...LOL.

I haven't thought much how I feel about it now, but a few years ago I got my lead singer to ditch his whiny, authoritative gf after a couple of months. It was awesome afterwards, and much needed at the time.

I've got the perfect situation. My wife supports and encourages everything I do musically, she's just not really interested in it. She might come to one out of every 5 or 10 gigs I do. I don't need her to like my music, and she doesn't feel the need to be clingy and possessive or keep tabs on me, so it's awesome.

This is my situation. I don't know how anyone would put up with anything less unless he is a complete wimp or wife is pregnant.

Also:
my computer, he does not have one, his wife does, but its hers, he cant use it for "band shit" He can use it to check email etc?

That shit is hilarious. I think I would laugh if my wife pulled that (just not our personalities, if she needed/wanted to use the mac I wouldn't hesitate to let her although she does have her own laptop).

I've been in a similar situation to the guitarist. I've been writing lyrics since high school but never learned how to play any instruments, and my wife always thought it was just stupid. If I wanted to take time to learn music or spend money on equipment, she would get offended, so I never went anywhere with it. Two years ago we divorced (for other reasons, lol), and my current girlfriend has completely supported the music thing. In a matter of three months I went from knowing NO music to writing and recording two original songs (without vocals, because I can't sing). I never would have dumped my wife because of music, but I sure am glad she gave me other reasons!! Being with someone that is supportive is like being in a musical utopia!

Back