Who can make a Recording Template in Fl Studio 8 ?

ScottishSinger

I use Fl studio to record my vocals over instrumentals I have... Currently I use a little template which is called MicVox which some guy in the states has whipped up where it sets up two channels....

One where you upload the Instrumental and its pastes it into the playlist...

And the other for Recording Via Microphone...

Although this does pretty much what I need ! Im extremely terrible with trying to improve the vocals a bit..

So im looking for someone who could maybe improve on the mic vox type thing and create like an FL project that I could download and use...

On the recording audio channel it would need to have all the things current singers use, such as a bit reverb, compression, eq... all that sort of stuff...

Although I do know about these im rubbish at trying to control them... So if someone could set them to the correct settings for getting nice sounding vocals then that'd be great...

I know with every singer things will be different but If you were able to set it up on an average male singers voice to get nice crisp vocals without any clipping or anything like that... I could have a tiny play about with it and adjust it to my liking.. If i know how haha

Im sure you guys who know there stuff could whip one up in less than 5 minutes !

Deano

There's just so much wrong with this request that I don't even know where to begin.

Well, I guess it depends on what your definition of "help" is.

The way I see it, and maybe it's just me, you're asking people to help you stay stupid. No offense. :)

Anyone that has the knowledge and experience to "help" you has put in hours of learning, experimenting, trial and error, research, reading, etc....Why are you so intent on not going through the same process. You'll certainly never learn anything this way.

Besides the fact that 80% of the struggle to get a good sound on any instrument or vocal is achieved at the performer's end, not by any pre-set or plug-in. Even the best pre-set or plug-in in the world won't help you if you don't have the voice (I'm not saying you don't), and a quality environment to record in, along with using proper gain-staging, mic palcement, vocal technique, and so on and so on. There's no such thing, for example, as a pre-set that "won't clip". Not clipping is all about how YOU record your vocals.

I think that, instead of asking someone to spoon-feed you and keep you from learning anything, you'd be much better off, reading, experimenting, reading again, experimenting more, etc.... I know this might actually take more than 5 minutes :rolleyes:, but it will be worth the wait in the long run.

Revised OP:

I'm an aspiring NFL wide receiver.

Although my shoes do pretty much what I need ! Im extremely terrible with trying to improve my running a bit..

So im looking for someone who could maybe improve on the run weave type thing and create like an NFL project that I could download and use...

it would need to have all the things current wide receivers use, such as running patterns, fakes, catching... all that sort of stuff...

Although I do know about these im rubbish at trying to control them... So if someone could set them to the correct settings for getting nice running patterns then that'd be great...

I know with every wide receiver things will be different but If you were able to set it up on an average male wide receivers to get nice crisp patterns without any falling or anything like that... I could have a tiny play about with it and adjust it to my liking.. If i know how haha

Im sure you guys who know there stuff could whip one up in less than 5 minutes !
:D :D :D

Right FIRST of ALL !!!! I happily except the fact that the request was more of a Lazy option, but to be honest, im not fully interested in this kinda of thing... All I wanted was a little boost in regards to a template. Which although you say it cant... CAN be made... You guys have the knowledge... but have the very good point of telling me that I should learn it myself.. I dont want to be a producer of any sort. Id love to but its just frustrating trying to learn this shit.. especially when you come on to a site such as this, ask for some help and get EVERY man and his dog chipping in for a wee bit of a laugh/insult...

Whats the whole point in this forum ?? Is it not to help with home recording... I asked if someone could help me... Not if someone could point out that its such a stupid request and this and that...

The attitude from some of you guys is poor likes...

What I will do !! Is sit and read.... or just pay for time at a studio, would get less silly answers from them type of producers..

Thanks alot...

I do understand that this may sound pretty negative... But it really annoys me when you ask a question... and people jump on it like a tramp on chips... !

Right FIRST of ALL !!!! I happily except the fact that the request was more of a Lazy option, but to be honest, im not fully interested in this kinda of thing... All I wanted was a little boost in regards to a template. Which although you say it cant... CAN be made... You guys have the knowledge... but have the very good point of telling me that I should learn it myself.. I dont want to be a producer of any sort. Id love to but its just frustrating trying to learn this shit.. especially when you come on to a site such as this, ask for some help and get EVERY man and his dog chipping in for a wee bit of a laugh/insult...

Whats the whole point in this forum ?? Is it not to help with home recording... I asked if someone could help me... Not if someone could point out that its such a stupid request and this and that...

What I will do !! Is sit and read.... or just pay for time at a studio, would get less silly answers from them type of producers..

Thanks alot...

I do understand that this may sound pretty negative... But it really annoys me when you ask a question... and people jump on it like a tramp on chips... !
Glad you see that it's a lazy option.

Mate, you honestly think your something out of this world done you ? That youve got the time to sit and mock someone who is new to the whole recording thing...

I admit I dont really want to be able to go far with my home recording... But I want some hints and tips on what I could do to improve...

Im a singer, not a producer ok... I think you should lay off a little, its beginning to get very tiresome with your smart arse approach to showing off infront of your crowd....

Well clap your little fucking handies, and maybe give yourself a pat on the back... !!

Jeeesuuuzzzz !!!!

The biggest reason it is a bad idea is because it's about what works best in any given situation.

There isn't a silver-bullet solution to your question.

And this stuff isn't rocket science, and there are literally tons of resources available today that were not even a dream 30 years ago.

You're already using a template but it doesn't do what you want.

DUH!

Yeh well instead of you guys taking the piss out of me for it...

could you not have easily said.. Oh look man heres where you should be looking...

You cant do it like that so look at this page....

Instead of the silly smart arse remarks ! All im looking for is a bit of bloody help... If you couldnt help then you didnt have to post, or post anything negative ....

I understand it isnt rocket science, but point me in the correct direction and Il read the stuff min !!

Im no having a go at C7... either...

... but to be honest, im not fully interested in this kinda of thing...

Why bother at all if you're not interested in this sort of thing?

I dont want to be a producer of any sort.

You obviously do, or you wouldn't be soliciting help in a Recording Techniques forum.

Id love to but its just frustrating trying to learn this shit..

Boo-motherfucking-hoo. Everything worth doing has a learning curve. If you could get a medical degree just by asking for a cheat sheet, everyone and his brother would be a doctor. Do you think professional recording engineers get paid big money because it's easy? Think again.

... especially when you come on to a site such as this, ask for some help and get EVERY man and his dog chipping in for a wee bit of a laugh/insult...

Well, you did set yourself up for it.

Whats the whole point in this forum ??

To help people who are serious about learning the trade get good at it.

You mean those of us who struggle to learn the ropes instead of looking for the easy fix? It's you who have the wrong attitude, son.

One or the other. You pay in money or in time. Your choice.

Well done on the qoutes to make your two pence chip in all that more exciting .....

Now If i remember correctly... I asked if someone could make me a template... Your reply just doesnt cut it, SON !!!

So how about you go and take your qoutes... and maybe do something more useful with them.... because ive yet again wasted so many seconds of my life reading your dross... time that i will never get back....

I dont give two hoots about how smart you think you are... Your that smart you couldnt point me in the direction of what IM FUCKING LOOKING FOR !!!!! JEEEESUUUZZZZ !!!

Thank you and goodbye !

Well done on the qoutes to make your two pence chip in all that more exciting .....

Now If i remember correctly... I asked if someone could make me a template... Your reply just doesnt cut it, SON !!!

So how about you go and take your qoutes... and maybe do something more useful with them.... because ive yet again wasted so many seconds of my life reading your dross... time that i will never get back....

I dont give two hoots about how smart you think you are... Your that smart you couldnt point me in the direction of what IM FUCKING LOOKING FOR !!!!! JEEEESUUUZZZZ !!!

Thank you and goodbye !

You've insulted the intelligence of everyone on this forum with this thread, son. Don't let the door hit you in your motherfucking ass, and so forth. Ciao.

But I want some hints and tips on what I could do to improve.

Hmmmm....I could have sworn that's not what you asked for. In fact, you made what you were asking for quite clear...and "hints and tips on how to improve" ain't it.

Back