whats wrong with behringer mixers?

skaltpunk

so many people recommend agains these mixers, but what difficulties have you experienced with your eurorack mixer? (specifically the 602A model)

We have one (602) in our reh room and it overheated to the point that the volume went down and we had to stop ;).
Plugged it in after a few mins and it was OK so we continued.

I have had no problems with my 4 year old MX2642 tho.

Ppl don't like the mic preamps on them which do sound a bit duller than the mackies.

Keijo

bad quality control. This topic has been covered in about a thousand forums. They should make it a requirement that you use the search function before starting a thread.

i have a behringer mixer and i have not had a single problem with it. it works well for combining 4 channels of audio to output into my computer and record on cool edit pro. i guess it's not the best piece of gear if you are looking for a high-quality versatile mixer, but for my uses i find it more than satisfactory.

Thats IF you get lucky and get one that didn't shit out. Thats the thing with their quality control, every now and then they let a quality one slip by ;)

Also, if you've already got one, and it works for you and you like it, who care what other people think? My guitar teacher has one of the big eurodesks in his bit Pro Tools TDM studio, so whatever works for you.

They have the name Behringer on the front. Enough said.

Also they are made in Germany *ouch* ok that was a cheap shot.... ;)

I have a 602, which I bought used for practicaly nothing. It works great for my needs, although I am starting to feel limited by the fact that it has only 6 cahnnels and 1 aux send. If you are looking to buy one, I'd suggest you get the 802, or even a larger model. You need more channels then you think...

Oren

I speak because I have one. I got a 602a, and when it works, it passes. When it doesn't, well, there's nothing I can do but wait until it calms down.

you will get 100% further with a behringer then the preamp built into soundcards like the SB Live. You will get 25% further with a mackie over a behringer. One is a (required) giant leap, one is a noticeable improvement. But then, if you thought about it like that, wouldn't we all have $25,000 consoles sitting in our rooms?

My perosnal opinion, why would you spend $500 on a mackie to test out home recording if you could get a $100 behringer and risk less money if you find out its not for you.

kristian said:
you will get 100% further with a behringer then the preamp built into soundcards like the SB Live. You will get 25% further with a mackie over a behringer. One is a (required) giant leap, one is a noticeable improvement. But then, if you thought about it like that, wouldn't we all have $25,000 consoles sitting in our rooms?

My perosnal opinion, why would you spend $500 on a mackie to test out home recording if you could get a $100 behringer and risk less money if you find out its not for you.

Which is why I have one. Just because something sucks, doesn't mean people won't buy it. But there are other cheap-o mixers that might suck less.

I always notice the people that like them either say "they aren't that bad" or "they work for my needs" or "if you're on a budget, they are great" I'm on a very tight budget. I'm willing to work with stuff if it's decent.

My behringer mixer sucked. The preamps were bad and then eq was even worse. People say "well you probably just got a bad one" I returned that sh*t and got a meek. More money? Hell yeah. Worth it? I can't even describe it.

An artist I was working with needed a pa, and rather than buying the ever so popular yamaha emx powered mixer, following my directions he got an mx2004, a crown power amp and some nice speakers. Now he can use my unwanted nano compressor and nano verb...for live purposed they help...much better than no compressor or any onboard verb.

Anyway that's right...I RECOMMENDED he get the behringer. Because it was for live purposes...And for that, it works pretty nicely. Wanting to give it a better chance, I listened to his as well. Same sound, still sucked for recording. I know more about sound then I did when I had my other one and I think my biggest problem with it is the eq. It turned my warm ntv tone into a mess of harsh mids.

For people who are looking for a solution for daws...Behringers don't have the greatest direct out options, so unless you are mixing everything to 2 channels, they didn't fit my need anyway. I'm better off just buying mic pres and using plugin eq. $100 for art tube and the look-alike dbx one are attractive options.

I have behringer patch bay and it's cool. (not TRS though) i just ordered those emc 8000's and I'm looking at the behringer headphone amp....anyone seen those? they have some nice features.

The headphone amp does look quite good. Also the "Ultra DI" is a good buy. You throw anything at those guys and they don't miss a beat. With 2 -20db pad switches you can even send the speaker-out from a Marshall through it. Great little box.

What is bad about Behringer?
Nothing really, its just made in China, TO A BUDGET

What that entails is cheap design, using cheap components and cheap labour, then passed by cheap quality control.

Thats just reality. At least companies like Mackie and Behringer have made it possible for many people to buy gear they could not normally afford.

The cheapest good sounding but still value for money mixers available in my opinion are made by Allen & Heath.

Take your favorite song and rip it off of a cd...then encode it to a 128 kbps mp3...

If you can't hear a difference..get a behringer...

A lot of rich people are posting here, then...

How can u compare two things (namely Mackie 24/8 and Behringer 24/8, as they were meant to fit the same target) that cost one LESS than HELF the other ????

OF COURSE Behringer quality is lower, but for the price and the low-budget studios... well... it's a good piece of hardware.

We cannot all have Mackies or Soundcrafts... How sad eh ?

Back