What does Stereo Sub Out means?

It could be, but I doubt it. Outputs for subs are usually mono. I expect it is a sub-group stereo output. Maybe there are subgroup assign buttons on the channels.

That's cool dude! Yup, it does has group channels could be apply! So, I might use the Stereo Sub Out (L+R) for another Sum Main Out recording?

It only gets what is assigned to the sub groups. You can have your 1/2 and 3/4 groups at the sub out for different things and then, I guess, the mixer grabs them as a mixed Stereo on these jacks ?

As others have said, 'ST SUB OUTs are an impedance balanced dupe' of the main XLR ST OUTs. They are post the inserts and have their own level control.
There IS a mono out! Derived from the same point and on balanced XLR with switchable LPF.

All this gleaned from page 27 of the manual!

Dave.

They could of had four jacks in one outlined box labeled Main Out. Alt Stereo Out implies it is diff(though, Alt is fine in Nipponese, but should still be in the same box). Still, much less confusing than the old typewritten and mimeographed manuals/instructions

When in doubt -download the manual.
Pg 13, and 20. Also, get familiar with the block flow diagrams. In some ways it's an even better way to understand your mixers.
http://download.yamaha.com/api/asse...ite-master.prod.wsys.yamaha.com&asset_id=4916
In this case 'sub means 'alt stereo mix' rather than 'sub group.
Thanks! So, "Alt Stereo Mix" does it mean "Output 2"? The only difference is Main Out with XLR Signal, and Alt Stereo Out with 1/4" Signal?

It has it's own level, pre master fader. As it does 'main mono out.
Appreciate! What does Pre Master Faded means? What's the different from Master Out? Just the Signal Output as mentioned above?

I think all will be explained in the manual?

As a technical writer in a past occupation, I often felt we were wasting our time :D

Alan.

Thanks! So, "Alt Stereo Mix" does it mean "Output 2"? The only difference is Main Out with XLR Signal, and Alt Stereo Out with 1/4" Signal?
Did you read it and look at the flow diagram? What's 'output 2'? I didn't look for that.
It is an alt-ernate stereo output. Labeled -ST Sub Out-

Appreciate! What does Pre Master Faded means? What's the different from Master Out? Just the Signal Output as mentioned above?
Follow the flow lines from the ST Sub Out, to the left, and up. It joins lines also feeding the main outs.
Signal flow is from left to right. We're tracing upstream in this case.
Follow the main outs to the left, you come to (through) the master faders. ST Sub Out gets its signal prior to it going to the master faders. 'pre fader'. It's call 'post fader' if they tapped in down stream of the faders.

I think all will be explained in the manual?

As a technical writer in a past occupation, I often felt we were wasting our time :D

Alan.
:) Yeah, but nah. Clear writing, and communicating, takes a bit of work. Sometimes I enjoy trying. :)

Manual Page 21

ST SUB OUT Jacks (L and R)
These are impedance-balanced phone output jacks. These jacks
output a clone of the mixed stereo signal from the ST bus. The
level for this output is adjusted by the ST SUB OUT control in
the Master Control block (see page 13). You would typically
use these jacks to connect to an external mixer or a supplementary SR system.

The ST master fader does not operate on the signals from these jacks.

There is a great flow diagram in the manual Page 13

Alan

Appreciate your patiences, you guys did give me a BIG help!
Yup. just touched around, and ST Sub Out is an Alternative (2nd ST Out) Master Out, so it does has have a little "Knob" of Volume control as attached pictures below.Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 12.23.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-28 at 12.24.30 PM.png

Back