Weezer, Counting Crows, & Jump, Little Children

Trippalot

Pretty mixed up combo, huh? Well, I wanted to get some specifics on the equipment that these bands use for recording from anyone who's heard or knows. Like guitar amps, what they used to mike cabinets, vocals, and drums, and compression on tracks. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows of a web sight that might specifically list equipment that known bands use to record, that would help a lot, too. Thanx.

Tripp

Weezer

I heard some things about Weezer recording. To start off, you can take a look in the 'Blue Album' booklet to see what kinda equipment (non-recording) they used. The Pinkerton booklet has 2 pictures of them in the studio...you can't tell much from them. Anyways, as far as guitar goes, I heard that they would CRANK up their amps ("to the point where they would NEED earplugs") and play in front of them to get crazy feedback and that sweet guitar sound they have. They would record two or more tracks of the same guitar part to get a louder, thicker guitar sound. This is basicly all I've heard as far as their recording goes.

Re: Weezer

El Barto said:
I heard some things about Weezer recording. To start off, you can take a look in the 'Blue Album' booklet to see what kinda equipment (non-recording) they used. The Pinkerton booklet has 2 pictures of them in the studio...you can't tell much from them. Anyways, as far as guitar goes, I heard that they would CRANK up their amps ("to the point where they would NEED earplugs") and play in front of them to get crazy feedback and that sweet guitar sound they have. They would record two or more tracks of the same guitar part to get a louder, thicker guitar sound. This is basicly all I've heard as far as their recording goes.

Actually I read an interview with Ric Ocasik(sp?) that the way they got that huge sound from the amp was by turning them down to where you almost couldnt hear them. very wierd. I tried it one time and got a really great sound.

Back