the way it is

jake-owa said:
It's amazing as hell that this dillhole takes the time to actually critique grammar when his writing looks like it was done by a fourth grader...a-freaking-mazing!
Even in his critisizm-
"i big night out for you must be red lobster or applebees."
A big night out for you must be (doing what at) Red Lobster or Applebee's. Notice the use of capital letters and possesive punctuation.
It's kinda silly to rag on grammar, but I didn't start this shit.
Dude, capitalize and punctuate if you are going to critisize.
Now go put your "pro recording" of Backstreet Boys in the tape deck of your 84 Sentra and roll on down to some hole-in-the-wall sushi joint so you can feel just like Mixerman...douchebag.

Have you been beaten into silence or will you now post somebody elses web site and call it your own?

I don't like to be a gangbanger, it's just too much fun with this kid.

Ahem... perhaps people who live in glass houses...:rolleyes:

s'up peeps, nubs is here and slick & sweetnubs is queer. supersweetnubs will not post mixes for the following reasons:

1. mp3 sucks. nubechenezzar thinks it is funny you jackals are running around evaluating mixes from compressed digital. probably are even using computer speakers.

2. sassynubs wishes to remain anonymous. i will be identified. nubs is afraid of track rat and sennheiser. they are frightening rednecks. i know people in the midwest have nothing better to do than go to strip malls, drink keystone light, gay bash, and build a pipe bomb and mail it to sweetnubs. i think the entire midwest should be made a penal (get it) colony, fenced in, and no one allowed out. it would solve a lot of problems in this country.

your resident audio expert and turkey cooker, the one formally known as sweetnubs and now has officially changed his name back to sweetnubs, would like to take a "roger & ebert" then wipe his "gene shalet."

top ten movies of all time: ( in no particular order)

1. apocolypse now
2. the sweet hereafter
3. city of lost children
4. easy rider
5. citizen kane
6. rebel without a cause
7. blade runner
8. blue velvet
9. 8 1/2
10. cool hand luke

(i'm shure i missed a few, just off the top of my head)

i haven't been around here long but i bet my life savings that blue bear is an old, angy, bitter, rapidly aging, baby-boomer hippie.

sweetnubs said:
s'up peeps, nubs is here and slick & sweetnubs is queer. supersweetnubs will not post mixes for the following reasons:

1. mp3 sucks. nubechenezzar thinks it is funny you jackals are running around evaluating mixes from compressed digital. probably are even using computer speakers.

2. sassynubs wishes to remain anonymous. i will be identified. nubs is afraid of track rat and sennheiser. they are frightening rednecks. i know people in the midwest have nothing better to do than go to strip malls, drink keystone light, gay bash, and build a pipe bomb and mail it to sweetnubs. i think the entire midwest should be made a penal (get it) colony, fenced in, and no one allowed out. it would solve a lot of problems in this country.

your resident audio expert and turkey cooker, the one formally known as sweetnubs and now has officially changed his name back to sweetnubs, would like to take a "roger & ebert" then wipe his "gene shalet."

top ten movies of all time: ( in no particular order)

1. apocolypse now
2. the sweet hereafter
3. city of lost children
4. easy rider
5. citizen kane
6. rebel without a cause
7. blade runner
8. blue velvet
9. 8 1/2
10. cool hand luke

(i'm shure i missed a few, just off the top of my head)

i haven't been around here long but i bet my life savings that blue bear is an old, angy, bitter, rapidly aging, baby-boomer hippie.

What a jackass you are nub. You have just lost what little credibility I gave to any of your posts, not that you care because you are a pro right? You really had me going for awhile but I have come to realize that you are just a pissed off 40 year old pecker head that sits in his mommy's basement posting shit on the internet after he jacksoff for awhile. Who gives a shit what your top ten movies are. Sweetnubs, nubby, nubfuck, dicknub, whatever your name is YOU ARE A DIP SHIT NOBODY. In addition, if you ever come to the Midwest you will not see me "gay bash" you will see me "sweetnub bash".

Last edited:
too classic

Sweetnubs:

"sassynubs wishes to remain anonymous."

This is classic.

Of course you wish to remain anonymous - that way, you can talk and talk and talk about all your amazing accomplishments and experience (upon which, presumably, you base the opinions that you share with us endlessly) without actually having to back up any of your statements with anything tangible, like evidence.

This is right up there with the guys who claim they can levitate - but that to show anyone would be "an excessive display of my powers"....

But then again, I guess to expect you to behave in a logical manner would be counter to everything you've shown on this board.

- housepig

(edited for typo)

Hey fucknubs.........

...it's pretty clear that you're an ignorant rookie that likes to hear himself talk......... that last post of yours pretty much sums up the extent of your, er... "experience"........

Personally, I'd sum you up as "pathetic wannabe".....

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
how on earth can this thread exist with so many responses? negativity inciting interest is common. are we humans doomed becaue we find more passion within confilct than constructive, positive, balanced energies? how much energy of people has been wasted here? we know how much time and energy it takes to respond. like the child who creates chaos around him and delights in the little power he has felt, absurd trashing posters are the same. this happens on every bbs on the net, like all over tv too. we all work here to find cheap stuff that works for us an we share the info and try to improve, then one post attracts us away from our good, sublte, powerful work, and we waste time as if that post, gone unresponded to would hurt us. not true, carry on hr bbs, forget the bogus, power hungry, flame inciters.

heh I guess I should join this troll...

oddly though, I know I take business away from area studios because most of them in the Columbus Ohio area suck. I've recorded at Rome Recording in a nice room, 2" tape, with everything ...all +$500,000 of it and I do a better recording in SONAR 2.0 XL and my Q10... They even push used tape on people and tell them to buy the reels :P

Ever hear of Moo Pig studio? No? good! they suck even more :)

I have a friend, who reciently graduated from Chillocothie Recording Workshop, record the worst band in the world and the demo was gitting airplay on nationally syndicated HxC shows...all done with marshall 1006's and a variety of dynamic mics and his Pro Tools LE system

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/327/forevertearless.html (hey thats my drumset they are useing in the picture...before I refurbished it...)

then... recorded by the owner of the Recording Workshop is my friends Staple (currently negotiating with Squint/Warner)...much more "open" but Brian Muth let some mistakes slide that should have been fixed

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/182/staple.html

...also Staples was mastered...

now the important parts...

1. Forever Tearless paid $400 and the CD was finished 1 month after it was started.... Staple paid ~$2000 (guess) and was finished 9 months after they started

2. Staple used the very nice rooms of the regions major recording school... Forever Tearless used my basement and some stratigically placed blankets

3. Bear in mind Forever Tearless is the worst band you can possibly imagine...pulling all the studio pet pives... Like having holes in the drumheads...cracked cymbols (Sabian B8's) old guitar strings and no sense of intonation....

LOL - if your mixes sounded good, then they would sound good in MP3. If you are that insecure about your mixes translating to another format, then you need to not boast... Double check them on a stereo, dude. In case you haven't noticed, end users don't listen to music on monitors straight off 2" tape. =oP

Sorry guys... I just wanted to add one post to this. It's kinda like a game of Jenga!

Re: Who's Ta Blame?

Recording Engineer said:
So now the blame goes to a country? Who's next to blame?

A lot of finger-pointing going-on from one guy. Must be a higher being than the rest of us...
sorry to step on your post dude but I couldn't find the original quote to respond to:

EAT SHIT NUBS!

I have cheap, cheap gear - Behringer V-amp1, Zoom3030, SBLive, Westone and Rogue guitars and an audiotechnica mic. It all sucks when compared to "real" gear.

I record on a win98 pc using Sonar and CEP 1 using more soundfonts and plugins than can be humanly explained.

I cannot mix or engineer within a billionth of the skill level of most of the stuff I've heard by people on this board.

But, I seem to be confused because I thought it was all about the music. I thought the reason why I had this silly hobby was to entertain myself and my friends and whomever else with recordings that are just as strange, quirky and fun as I am. I thought it was about writing cool, catchy songs and cool catchy musical statements and that recording them was just a means to an end. I thought that the Beatles music sounded just as good as the NYDolls, Fleming and John and NIN. I didn't know that there were right answers to anything in music.

now I see the error in my ways. If I wasn't in the middle of finishing up an mp3(128kbps to boot) based internet recording project, I'd follow nubby's advice and just throw in the towel and leave recording to the professionals like Celine Dion and David Hasselhoff.

Nubs gets some love from me for having the good taste to put 81/2 on his list. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what he's said that has upset you folks so much....

zekthedeadcow makes nubs point, I think. I make music for myself and think it's wonderful that quality tools are available to the home musician. But I don't think a computer DAW replaces a multimillion dollar studio--and I don't see why people need to make such absurd claims to justify digital studios. The Jack Ortman stuff is a parody of this kind of thing, which you see across the web in this vein, and it's funny.

One of the greatest things about popular music is the lively diversity it contains. Great music is made all the time with simple means. Recently I've been listening to East River Pipe, recorded on a Tascam 8 track and it sounds great.

Back