the way it is

1.analog still sounds better than digital-20 years later!

2. if you have to go digital, pcs are way better than mac.

3. the tube craze is mostly hot air. you like neve? then you like solid state.

4. project studios for the most part suck. home recordist gear is junk. you can only make it sound passable if you are a very experienced engineer.

5. your marshall mic does not compare favorablely to a neumann.

6. RNC stands for Real Nasty Crap.

7. gear design has not improved in 30 years. you're better off buying reissues. you get the same gear with no dried out capacitors and a warranty

8. yes you can make good mixes on ns10's

9. plug-ins suck. why by something that emulates gear when you can have actual gear? outboard is by far better. digital reverb sucks. chambers are the only way to go.

10. new laws that should be passed: a) autotune should be made illegal. b) anybody who does any recording whatsoever should be liscenced like any other engineer. i'm sick of home studio hacks calling themselves engineers. c) all musicians should have to pass a proficiency exam before being allowed to record.

11. rode sucks, marshall mics suck, oktava sucks, studio projects sucks, bellari sucks, joe meek sucks, presonus sucks, ART sucks, m-audio sucks, aleisis sucks, and i'm going to stop there.

Yep. all true. Nice to hear from you.

"....11. rode sucks, marshall mics suck, oktava sucks, studio projects sucks, bellari sucks, joe meek sucks, presonus sucks, ART sucks, m-audio sucks, aleisis sucks, and i'm going to stop there."....

Also Porta studios suck, Fostex sucks,TASCAM sucks etc.

2" tape is all that matters anymore.

1.analog still sounds better than digital-20 years later!.
What a broadly foolish statement.
2. if you have to go digital, pcs are way better than mac.
3. the tube craze is mostly hot air. you like neve? then you like solid state.
Agreed
4. project studios for the most part suck. home recordist gear is junk. you can only make it sound passable if you are a very experienced engineer.
5. your marshall mic does not compare favorablely to a neumann.
Agreed
6. RNC stands for Real Nasty Crap.
7. gear design has not improved in 30 years. you're better off buying reissues. you get the same gear with no dried out capacitors and a warranty.
8. yes you can make good mixes on ns10's.
Agreed
9. plug-ins suck. why by something that emulates gear when you can have actual gear? outboard is by far better. digital reverb sucks. chambers are the only way to go.
10. new laws that should be passed: a) autotune should be made illegal. b) anybody who does any recording whatsoever should be liscenced like any other engineer. i'm sick of home studio hacks calling themselves engineers. c) all musicians should have to pass a proficiency exam before being allowed to record..
11. rode sucks, marshall mics suck, oktava sucks, studio projects sucks, bellari sucks, joe meek sucks, presonus sucks, ART sucks, m-audio sucks, aleisis sucks, and i'm going to stop there.
Partly agree, partly think "What a broadly foolish statement."

another 8 years since this post and its still as true now as it was then...everything is completely rubbish and HR.com should pack its bags or go pro :)

Jim the thread was last active eight years ago.
Yeah but you said "Eight years to the day" and I can't find anything that was eight years from yesterday, on this thread. So I asked. ;)

Yeah but you said "Eight years to the day" and I can't find anything that was eight years from yesterday, on this thread. So I asked. ;)

Oh yeah sorry Jim... figure of speech--poetic liberty--don't know the Queens Engish-- to much hillbilly in me. :D :eek: :D

:cool:

Back