V-Amp tones/patches/setting (Death Metal)

Bloodsoaked

Death Metal Freak
Does anyone have a tone/patch/setting I could download that they use for recording? I am looking for a death metal tone that Is great for recording, no playing live or practicing. Alot of people say that I should use allot less gain/disstortion when recording guitars and more mids as well.

If anyone uses the V-Amp Pro for recording death metal and you have some tips and/or patches/tones or even some songs let me know.

Thank you.

jonnyc said:
I don't think you'll ever get a "great" recording tone out of a Vamp.
You can but it takes serious tweakage and patience!
It obviously isnt ever going to sound as good as a vox tube amp or anything. But thats way more than a v amp :D

If it's like my line 6 modeller head, you'd also want to consider using two rhythm sounds; maybe 2 different "amps" either for the L and R sides, or to double the L and R sides. Yes, the combinations are endless and you'll go crazy before it's all said and done. And the unfortunate part is, the best one is probably a combination of 2 that sound like shit by themselves, but compliment each other when mixed together.

One of the dudes on sneap's site was like "here's the setting all death metal people use, so this should work." I don't know about you, but I personally try NOT to sound like other people. Maybe that's just me.

GreenDank said:
If it's like my line 6 modeller head, you'd also want to consider using two rhythm sounds; maybe 2 different "amps" either for the L and R sides, or to double the L and R sides. Yes, the combinations are endless and you'll go crazy before it's all said and done. And the unfortunate part is, the best one is probably a combination of 2 that sound like shit by themselves, but compliment each other when mixed together.

One of the dudes on sneap's site was like "here's the setting all death metal people use, so this should work." I don't know about you, but I personally try NOT to sound like other people. Maybe that's just me.

I will try some of the suggestions and see what I can come up with.

We need to start a section for people that record "metal" music using modulers.

Peter

Bloodsoaked said:

Peter

Are you talking about recording in mobile homes? :D Just playin.

Bloodsoaked how are you getting on with your vamp pro? I have seen a thread before which was just after you bought it and you were very happy with it. I really need to get a good guitar tone but it just aint gunna happen with my budget at the moment so i was seriously considering getting this.
Can you get good very heavy tones with this? And if you have a clip with one that you have used it would be much appreciated.
Thanks alot

Also have you used the analog outputs and not just the digital ones, im interested in knowing whether they sound exactly the same or not. cheers

Bloodsoaked said:

Peter

that's a cool idea. the different modellers and recording direct tip/tricks.

breeeeza said:
Bloodsoaked how are you getting on with your vamp pro? I have seen a thread before which was just after you bought it and you were very happy with it. I really need to get a good guitar tone but it just aint gunna happen with my budget at the moment so i was seriously considering getting this.
Can you get good very heavy tones with this? And if you have a clip with one that you have used it would be much appreciated.
Thanks alot

Here is a sample I made yesterday: http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=4552

2 guitar tracks panned left
2 guitar tracks panned right
1 bass track dead center
1 drum machine
2 vocal tracks panned dead center

This is just a 1:40 sample of what I have been messing with. The timing is off here or there but I am basicly just trying to achive a workable guitar tone for recording death metal.

Any and all comments are welcome. Thank you.

breeeeza said:
Thanks alot

I LOVE it!!! I do have a Marshall MGDFX 250 and I like the sound I get from it but I also live in an apartment so I can not really mic it when ever I want. Wit the V-amp pro I can record at 3:00 in the morning if I want. I think you can get a really good sound. I do not play live so I am thinking about selling my Marshall and even getting the Bass v-amp pro as well. I would recormend it to anyone on a budget or that can not mic a guitart amp as they live in an apartment or mother/wife/girlfriend will get pissed off...LOL

Peter

breeeeza said:
Also have you used the analog outputs and not just the digital ones, im interested in knowing whether they sound exactly the same or not. cheers

I have only used the digital SPDIF. I really have no idea if they sound the same, but I would asume they would. I also got 2 midi cables and downloaded the software so I can not control the v-amp f my computer and it is SOOOOO much easier and better. It is the only way to go!!! Go get one!

Peter

GreenDank said:
that's a cool idea. the different modellers and recording direct tip/tricks.

Yeah, I think it would be cool to ahve a section just for muduler recording. People could post mp3's, tips, tricks advise, so on and so on. I really think allot of people would be into it.

At the very least we could keep this thread going and going and going....

Peter

Bloodsoaked said:
I LOVE it!!! I do have a Marshall MGDFX 250 and I like the sound I get from it but I also live in an apartment so I can not really mic it when ever I want. Wit the V-amp pro I can record at 3:00 in the morning if I want. I think you can get a really good sound. I do not play live so I am thinking about selling my Marshall and even getting the Bass v-amp pro as well. I would recormend it to anyone on a budget or that can not mic a guitart amp as they live in an apartment or mother/wife/girlfriend will get pissed off...LOL

Peter
Thanks alot!

v amp yahoo groups

Looking for some presets for my vamp2 I found a yahoo group for vamp users with lots of stuff for the vamp they even have a link where they have podxt patches converted to vamp patches. I've found some great presets. just sign in and check out all the patches. Sorry but I forgot, for death metal you'll find sepultura, slayer, rob zombie, etc. patches.

Last edited:
Back