USB Export

recohal

How do I export a song on my 2488 so I can open it on my PC. I have tried using the USB export function as well as the wave in/out function with no success. The 2488 doesn't show up on my computer as an external drive.

Hal Allert

Are you connecting the USB cable to your computer AFTER opening the USB on the 2488? here are the instructions:

1 With the transport stopped, from the DISK
menu, highlight USB OPEN/CLOSE, and press
ENTER.
2 The 2488 saves your data, restarts, and a
popup message appears.
While this popup is showing, you are “locked
out” of any operations on the 2488. It can only
be used as a USB disk.
3 Connect the 2488 to the personal computer.
4 Perform all USB operations with the personal
computer (file copy, etc.).
5 Disconnect the computer (you should first see
“The 2488 and USB” on page 73).
6 Press EXIT to close the USB and restart the

Thanks Mike, it worked. The 2488 copied over 3 virtual tracks as WAV files. But it wouldn't export the complete song as anything but a backup file. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

I'm guessing you need to finalize your complete song (save it as WAV) first.

You may need to mix your song onto a stereo track on your recorder, and then convert that track to WAV to export/open it in your computer. If you are going for editing your mix in the computer then you would need to export your individual tracks as WAV files and load them into your editing program.

You have to either mix down the song while bouncing to 2 empty tracks and then export those 2 tracks into the USB drive....Or, better yet, Pre-Master the song, Clone the Master track to 2 empty tracks and then export those 2 tracks into the USB drive.

i am having same problem and do not know how to do any of that bouncing etc i have 2 tracks i want to export as one and i tried exporting to a cd and it played as nothing on my computer and tryed using usb and did not work but showed up on my computer--PLEASE HELP

I would say you will need to bounce your Mix to a stereo WAV before you can transfer it as at the moment it is the separate tracks and te effects settings data, panning data, fader data etc.

G

If we're still talking about the 2488, you can't export 2 tracks as one. You have to export it as 2 separate mono wavs.
I expected there would be a stereo Master track, no biggy, bounce to 1 left and 1 right channel then. :)

G

I expected there would be a stereo Master track, no biggy, bounce to 1 left and 1 right channel then. :)

G
No, you weren't wrong. There is a stereo master track. But to export it, you have to bring it back into the mixer section on 2 mono tracks and then export those.

No, you weren't wrong. There is a stereo master track. But to export it, you have to bring it back into the mixer section on 2 mono tracks and then export those.
Seems odd the way it works for exporting. I would have thought a simple drag and drop feature when plugged in to your computer.

G

Seems odd the way it works for exporting. I would have thought a simple drag and drop feature when plugged in to your computer.

G

That is how it works, drag and drop. But to get tracks from the mixer section into the FAT partition, you have to export them there, and to do that they need to be mono racks.

Back