Understanding Spdif 1.1 or 1.2? Focusrite pro 40

delirium trigge

I am going to be plugging something up via Spdif, I have searched the internet EVERYWHERE. I cannot find the difference in 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4. But it's the first two I care about. It will allow me to run my pre amp into my saffire pro 40 via 1.1 spdif or 1.2 spdif. Which do I choose? What are the differences?

Are you sure it doesn't mean input/output. I run my preamp from spidf out to my interface spidf in. Then I run the interface spidf out to the preamp spidf in which transfers the sample and bit rate settings. Do you have any documentation from your preamp that could tell you which is in or out ? (1.1 or 1.2)

Are you sure it doesn't mean input/output. I run my preamp from spidf out to my interface spidf in. Then I run the interface spidf out to the preamp spidf in which transfers the sample and bit rate settings. Do you have any documentation from your preamp that could tell you which is in or out ? (1.1 or 1.2)

Actually I just figured the 1.1 and 1.2 out. I am running an HD500 into the spdif in on the saffire pro 40. Do I need to also run a cable out of the saffire pro 40 into the hd500? I read that was necessary, that it would sync fine by changing it in mix control.

I think so, if you want control over your sample rates. Mine will default (lock) into 48k unless the other cable is connected. When the second cable is connected I can choose my sample rates from inside my DAW (Cubase) or the M-Audio Soft-mix.

Good Luck!

It's just one cable from the s/pdif port on the back of the Pod to the s/pdif INPUT on the back of the saffire.

Then in the control software for the saffire you need to set the clock from internal to s/pdif.

On both the firepod and the 2626 the interface sync light blinked until the new clock was set (pretty fast). I'm sure the saffire is similar.

Back