timecode

I am a proud owner of a Tascam 424 MkII cassette portastudio. I use it for music recording and making soundtracks for my video and film projects. I know it has the capability for being hooked up with timecode for video and film equipment, but being an "analog" guy, I don't know where to start (even if I have scoured through our college library). What kind of equipment do I need and how do I hook it up with the 4-track machine? How do sequencers and midi work with my set-up? How would I be able to work with time code on the 16mm film format (especially with the limitations of 1970's or 1980's equipment of our film lab). Sorry for being so basic, but it sure would be a lot of help to get an answer, especially since I'm now working on my own (and a lot of my friends') thesis project (I'm on a BA Film program at the College of Mass Com. in the University of the Philippines).

I'm not too familiar with the video side of things but I do know a Digital time piece is a good piece to have for that application.It's a sync. hub for your studio.It provides a stable sync. hub for digital audio, video, ADAT,D-88, protools, SPDIF,SMPTE and MIDI. We have one but we don't use it for video. Midi time code will allow you to sync your devices together. We use MidiTime code for syncing our ADATS to play with Cakewalk.I know this probably doesnt help you too much but a Digital time piece is a place to start.Check out MOTU.com.

Bill/LM Recording Richmond

Back