Is there a program to loop record?

deusirae

Does anybody here know of a program that can "loop record?"

I need a program that will allow you to CONTINUOUSLY record new audio over a looping track WITHOUT erasing the old data and without forcing you to stop recording in order to select "the good take" I just want keep on piling things on the same loop.

I used to be able to do this both with tape loops and delay stompboxes. (The ones with an Infinite Repeat function) There MUST be a program that does this!

I have CW 7.0 Home Studio and it gives me an option of loop recording. It also has an option to record over the previous stuff or to record everything onto separate tracks. I have never used it before so I don't know well it works but it's there.

dave

Vegas Pro has that option as well. You merely create as many loops as you might need with a paste multiple command, then insert a new track and record it while playing back the loop track. This way, every take is recorded and you can discard/rerecord any loops where the fruit was too ripe. Route each of these tracks to a separate bus; adjust the mix and combine it to a single stereo pair while leaving the original tracks in place and still synced with your mix. Stir, repeat and enjoy!

Thanks for taking the time out to write!

Thing is, I don't want to have to let go of the instrument in order to cut-and-paste: it breaks the momentum. What I need is a program with some kind of reject-or-accept button. It needn't create seperate tracks, it could mix destructively. I like having to make decisions on the fly.

This being the case, neither Acid nor Vegas Pro seems to be the solution. Still have to check out Cakewalk.

Thanks again!

Back