Tascam dr-07 pro recording?

Could you explain what you mean by noise floor low enough, and sample rate high enough. I am a recording newbie.

Sorry. I was sick this weekend, so didn't check the forums much.
"noise floor" is the bass level of noise that your chain produces when you're not recording any actual sound. So set your mics up and press record, but don't play anything for a few seconds. When you listen back, how loud is the faint buzzing sound you hear relative to the instrument? That sound will build up indefinitely as you add tracks so you want it as quiet as possible. A larger bit size will help address that because the last bit of each sample can basically be considered noise automatically.
"sample rate" is how many samples are taken per second. Ostensibly, anything higher than 44kHz is beyond the range of human hearing, but some people disagree.

Sorry. I was sick this weekend, so didn't check the forums much.
"noise floor" is the bass level of noise that your chain produces when you're not recording any actual sound. So set your mics up and press record, but don't play anything for a few seconds. When you listen back, how loud is the faint buzzing sound you hear relative to the instrument? That sound will build up indefinitely as you add tracks so you want it as quiet as possible. A larger bit size will help address that because the last bit of each sample can basically be considered noise automatically.
"sample rate" is how many samples are taken per second. Ostensibly, anything higher than 44kHz is beyond the range of human hearing, but some people disagree.

I've been sick with pink eye, and alot of times only get online a few times a week. That helps alot. Do you recommend 24 bit recording over 16 bit

Back