Tascam 48 Calibration

fender01

I have a Tascam 48 and need the machine to be calibrated. Is this done by myself or do I need a professional repair shop to do so? If so, I will have to travel due to my area being very rural.

Also, what is the procedure for recording track 2 after recording track 1? I cannot get the machine to record anything afterwards.

Thanks for the help.

I have owned several tascam 48 series recorders in my time and I must say they are pretty hard to get things started off, but they are a delight to work with when everything is all together. There is a calibration screw underneath the machine that you can adjust for the dubbing to get the howling and unwanted sounds off the recordings. It is a flat head screw and you must turn it clockwise very slowly to adjust the unwanted effects.

As for recording track #2 after track #1 you must sync the other devices in correspondence and dub past each recording for every series of recording you want to record from say and 8 track. After each set is played, you must record to the next set. Let me know how it works out. I can help greatly on the 48 series. Good Luck!!!

Back