Taperewind sound effect

Philipp Kürten

Dear All,

I'm new to this as I cannot find a nice solution to imitate a taperewind sound. I have tried a lot and hope you can help me.

It shall sound like in this song: youtube. com/watch?v=qPvxqKAOE4k[/url]

The sound I mean starts at 3:20.

I am looking for a simple Taperewind sound, about 1 minute long.

Thank you, I have tried a lot and don't know how to do it

Cheers,
Philipp

Howdy Philipp,

You'll find some good samples here : Tape Rewind Samples Site requires a small subscription by credit card to gain access to 14-Day Free(?) Trial Period

Last edited:
I'm not sure either. I assumed the download would be longer, but after creating a username and password I still couldn't access the downloads. Seems you have to actually pay up with a credit card to get their 14-Day Free Trial period. Not for me.

It's just something playing in reverse really fast. IDK what DAW you're in, but in Reaper it would be as easy as dropping in any wave you want, doing "reverse item as new take" and then alt-dragging the right edge leftwards to speed it up. You'd want to make sure that "preserve pitch..." was off for that item. I'd probably try a render of the song I was putting it into. In the video they used the same noises that were under it otherwise. Different material will obviously come across differently.

Back