Syncing Midi Device (writing beats in Cubase)

davecg321

Hi

I have my Korg Volca synced to cubase via a midi cable. I can record loops I have written on the Volca at and given tempo (set via cubase) onto an audio track.

However, if I try and write in a beat manually using the drum editor I only get one sample played back no matter where I hit on the piano roll. I have to change the channel on the MIDI track to select a different sample. This ultimately means I can only write in one part for each midi track!

Is there any way round this? :spank:

That's normal. If the MIDI sound module has drum sounds, they may be under channel 10, though

In GM General MIDI, I expect one shots of some sort under channel 10. But, drums can be scaled, too. The poster seems to be using the drum edit section of the piano roll editor and that probably expects chan 10 ? But. BUT. BUT. He doesn't say what the sound module is. There's no drum "kits" on the regular Volca, but I wouldn't know about Beats, or, Kick ? I would think its Old School ? My Rhythm Wolf is Chan 10 - bass chan 1

I'm using a volca sample (step sequencer)

I haven't tried selecting channel 10 yet. Although when I tried out 1-3 each channel was assigned to each individual patch respectably on the Volca.

I want to have all samples in the piano roll. I'm using the midi in on my firestudio project interface.

Tah

i don't think the sample is a drum machine. And, Korg put Volca Sample sounds on different channels. My (uneducated) take is that they made this more like a sampler so you can have lots of Control Messages on each channel. there is some sort hardware translator that seems to work, but I couldn't tell what is is really doing

Back