Studio projects b1 Noise?

arosemond

I bought a studio projects b1 mic that i connected to my tascam dp03sd portastudio and i keep getting noise whenever i turn the built in pre amp past halfway i changed mic cables, checked for all room noise my old mic didnt have this problem

- Can you hear the noise if you set the input trim/gain for a normal level when recording your voice? The B1 doesn't draw a lot of current (3.0ma) for operation and shouldn't be a problem for the DP03.
- If you put the B1 under some blankets or a pillow to kill any room noise, does the noise change. Can you post a short mp3 clip of the noise?
- Is the humidity where you are particularly high? Moisture on the mics diaphragm might cause some noise.
In another post you had mentioned a string of adapters that were originally tried and conceivably could have put phantom where it shouldn't be. Hopefully nothing is damaged in the mic.

Connected with XLR to XLR cable?

Alan.

- Can you hear the noise if you set the input trim/gain for a normal level when recording your voice? The B1 doesn't draw a lot of current (3.0ma) for operation and shouldn't be a problem for the DP03.
- If you put the B1 under some blankets or a pillow to kill any room noise, does the noise change. Can you post a short mp3 clip of the noise?
- Is the humidity where you are particularly high? Moisture on the mics diaphragm might cause some noise.
In another post you had mentioned a string of adapters that were originally tried and conceivably could have put phantom where it shouldn't be. Hopefully nothing is damaged in the mic.

I replaced the adapters with a true xlr mogami cable, and i have the thick foam cap over the mic, i get the hiss in other inputs as well when but only on phantom power, i think my phantom power on my dp03sd is just crappy and i need a separate unit

Hey. Thanks fro reporting back.

Could you tell us how?
It might help other people searching the same problem in future.

Hey. Thanks fro reporting back.

Could you tell us how?
It might help other people searching the same problem in future.

sure thing, it took me awhile and i had gone through everything i could, first i got some cables which made it worse so then i got a mogami gold mic cable and plugged it into my tascam dp03sd. still some noise, so i turned the pre amps down but the signal wasnt strong enough. so then one day i was messin with my boss rc30 and saw that it supplied phantom power so i thought "why not try it?" so after hooking everything up i was able to get a decent signal

Back