Stereo Channel without AUX

P20Records

Hy there!

I have just got an Allen & Heath ZED 14 Analog mixer.

My setup is:

A Microphone in Channel one, Main Outputs to a Scarlet Focusrite 2i4 USB Sound card, the sound card is connected to PC of course, and from the soundcard headphones comes back the signal to a stereo channel, so i can send the instrumental back to the mixer, and I can use the mixer’s headphones for hearing the instrumental and the singer in the same time.

But! If I use the AUX at the stereo channel, to not to record, then I don’t hear the singer’s voice, just If I send the microphones signal to AUX as well.

My question is, Can I resolve that, to hear the microphones signal without sending it to AUX, and still have the stereo channel on the mixer?
Because If I hit the “AUX 1″ button under the phones potmeter, I don’t hear the other channels, just if I send them to AUX as well.

I don’t want to buy an amplifier for the Scarlet, and using the scarlet’ headphones, I really want to use the mixer’s headphone outputs.

PS.: Sorry for my english grammer, I’m from Hungary.

Plug your microphone directly into a mic input on the Scarlet. Plug your headphones into the headphone output of the Scarlet. Take the A&H and put it away for live use.

I run my mixers REC OUT (-10db RCA) to my scarlett 2i2- cleaner signal and frees up the stereo out. Its not balanced but its only 2 foot run. Run the scarlett output back into your mixer RETURN- they should be matched at +4db... the RETURN should have its own level pot too...

Back