Starting out :) a few newbi questions ?

Shay Vidas

hi all,

so ive been reading this forums lately and you guys are awesome !:guitar:
now for my question, (first post yeyy)

i'm starting out my own you tube channel and got the "MXL 990 Condenser Microphone" mainly because it's cheap and i don't have much money
but also because people have told me it's an awesome mic for the stuff i need.

what i'm mostly going to use it for, is to record myself on the channel, (talking....)
but also my GF, has this thing for signing and wanted a microphone to sing with and i thought that since she is really amateur at it,
it would be a great mic for that as well...

now i need to somehow record the mic..on the video i'm doing,
i have no idea really on how to do that , i mean i know i need Either a USB Mixer or an Audio Interface with usb output and to record it directly to the computer , then to record the video seperatly then combine them both .
my camera does have a mic input in it, but it's a small one (like the computer) and people told me i'd get way better quality recording the mic to the computer then to combine it.

so my questions are.

what ..(mixer or interface or whatever) do you sujjest for me to use really the cheapest one i can get that would still be normal.
and i will also need it for my gf, so if there will be echo \ reverbe and stuff like that for signings... it would be great.

if i would want to record myself directly into the camera with the mic is there some device i can use to do that ? that will output me a small cable to the camera ? do you even sujjest doing that ?

lately , what software do you guys use to record you into the pc...

i know it's kinda newbie questions.. but i guess i'm a newbie now...

thankx in advance for the answers guys !!!

Back