Sonar X1 Problem: NO SOUND?

TooHotRecords

Hey guys,
I just recieved my upgraded version of Sonar x1 Producer from my old 9 LE.
I have tried my best to configure everything correctly but i have hit a major hick-up.
I cant get sound, i have a Cakewalk UA-25 EX by Roland interface and am using Asio v2.
Everytime i try to re-configure it. I get this message ( image below ). Any solutions? :confused:

Attachments

• whatthefuck.jpg
    whatthefuck.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 811
Its been a long time since I used Sonar (I have PE 7 myself), but do you use an interface? Some DAW's can have issues with certain drivers from interfaces. I remember having had simular issues in Sonar when I used it.

I'm not a big fan of Sonar though, mainly because of its lacking community. I used it for many years, before running into software-issues. Posted my issues on the official forums and all I got was a few replies from people saying that my computer was shit and 'unable' to run Sonar, even though I was able to run Sonar perfectly for months...

Oh well.

if i remember rightly sonar has always had to be the only user of the audio device. if you have your pc is using the audio device sonar is trying use then sonar will not use it and display that message. go into your pcs audio settings and tell it to use another audio device leaving the device you want use with sonar 100% free then try restarting sonar.

if i remember rightly sonar has always had to be the only user of the audio device. if you have your pc is using the audio device sonar is trying use then sonar will not use it and display that message. go into your pcs audio settings and tell it to use another audio device leaving the device you want use with sonar 100% free then try restarting sonar.
Yeah i've tried that, well. I've closed programs that use sound such as Chrome (YouTube), Skype, iTunes. and it still doesn't work, how do i make them go through another device?

go to your speaker properties by right clicking your volume icon on your windows task bar and open playback device, then set a different default device to the one you are trying to use to record

and the same with the recording device to as i think they work the same. sonar wont load the device if windows is using it

Ill give that a go, only thing is. Im using Asio, my other programs use my actually interface (UX-25EX) So i dont know why it would interfere. Also, I installed the patch and it didnt work :(

it will be because your other programs are using the interface that sonar wont load it even if its using a different driver. tell windows to use your sound card in the pc then try using sonar that should work

Yeah i tried that, still doesnt work :( My old Sonar 9 LE works fine though (with the same settings). I use ASIO4ALL for recording and my actual interface (UA-25EX) for playback so I don't know why it would interfere.

then im stumped mate. every time i have used sonar i wont load my interface if windows is using it for play back so i just tell windows to use its own sound card and sonar then loads the interface no matter what driver i wants use either asio or the hardware driver. sorry i cant be more helpful

then im stumped mate. every time i have used sonar i wont load my interface if windows is using it for play back so i just tell windows to use its own sound card and sonar then loads the interface no matter what driver i wants use either asio or the hardware driver. sorry i cant be more helpful
Nah mate dont worry, thanks heaps for your time and suggestions! Looks like i'll be going back to LE for a while.

Did you restart the computer after installing the patches?

Did you check for the latest Roland driver?

Next you need to run the WAV Profiler app in Sonar so it can find your interface.

To get to audio settings go to Edit > Preferences > Basic > Device, Driver Settings, Playback and Recording.

If the Roland isn't appearing as an option in the Device menu you need to contact Cakewalk.

You can also try the Help menu > Audio > configuring your audio interface-- which will take you to a CW page where you need to find your device and try the steps outlined on that link. I couldn't find the specific Roland product but they have a page for Cakewalk interface products so maybe that will work.

I've been going through some similar pains you have. Make sure your device is checked in the Edit-Preferences-Devices window. I found out that the motherboard chipsets(NVIDIAforce4) in my new computer have known incompatibilities with my interface(Saffire 14) and possible any music software.

Back