Slowdown on cassette?

g0neisl33t

Hey- yes, I know, Im an idiot newbie. But I need help. I have a Tascam 414 MKII and When I record things, such ass, me, or my band, I get super duper slowdown when the recorded cassette is played on other devices. The cassette is Hi-Fi, and im using Mics with the Tascam when I record. WHen the cassette is played on a normal tape deck or anything else besides teh tascam (And even on the tascam!) the sound comes out about 1/4 normal speed. Can you help? (Note: Telling me to play 4 times faster to even it out isnt helping.)

I had a 414 as well and what the 414 does is records at high speed my default. Some 4-tracks give you the option to choose your recording speed but the 414 just records at high speed by default.

If you want to play back, you can run the RCA outs to a stereo and play from the 414 adn record on the stereo you're playing through.

Does this help??? I hope so.

Peace,
Don
www.donontheweb.com

g0neisl33t said:
Hey- yes, I know, Im an idiot newbie. But I need help. I have a Tascam 414 MKII and When I record things, such ass, me, or my band, I get super duper slowdown when the recorded cassette is played on other devices. The cassette is Hi-Fi, and im using Mics with the Tascam when I record. WHen the cassette is played on a normal tape deck or anything else besides teh tascam (And even on the tascam!) the sound comes out about 1/4 normal speed. Can you help? (Note: Telling me to play 4 times faster to even it out isnt helping.)

Yeah you cant play that tape on a regular cassette deck the playback speeds are different and their is 4 tracks instead of two.

g0neisl33t, what you need to do is to play the tape on the tascam, use the stereo out ports and record that to a regular stereo tape deck.

Uh, and how exactly do I connect the tascam to a normal tape deck? I see no connection ports for anything excepy speakers and headphones, with are both line outs from the stereo. And What kind of wire do I need to do this?

g0neisl33t said:
Check your manual... it sounds like you may need to mix it down onto a normal cassette recorder for playback on normal cassette players.
g0neisl33t said:
Uh, and how exactly do I connect the tascam to a normal tape deck? I see no connection ports for anything excepy speakers and headphones, with are both line outs from the stereo. And What kind of wire do I need to do this?
If it has stereo RCA outs... use them with a stereo RCA cable. Check your manual.

Yes...

or check the TASCAM forum on this very board. Mixdown is 1/2 the fun, and an important step in any multi-track set-up.

Back