Should i go with a Recording Studio?

MichaelOya

I'm currently working on a mixtape. I've got my little setup in my bedroom where I record original music and add verses to existing songs. I recorded a verse on Wiz Khalifa and Gucci Mane's recent single...the transition was dope but my part still sounds low and a bit off and lacks that umpf..What do you guys reckon? Is there a hardware or software I can use? Or maybe I should go to a studio right? If so where in Sydney?

Welcome........

We would need to know more about your setup (equipment...room....DAW.....mic.....etc) for sure..........and would need to hear a sample of what you need help with in order to give you any decent advice on a fix. You may not need to go to a studio.

So you're mixing a single human voice into existing karaoke/backing tracks?

Honestly, if you're interested in learning the process of home recording, that's a very simple starting point. Capturing the human voice is relatively simple as far as recording goes since most gear and software you will encounter starts with vocals as a baseline instrument.

So... what's your mic? You probably want something at least as good as a SM58. Your phone mic won't cut it.
What's your audio interface? There are some solid 1-2 channel USB interfaces that will work well with any basic-level microphone for $50-$150.
What software are you using to mix? How familiar with it are you, and what are the points that you feel like you need to understand better?

Back