Sample rate/bit depth conversion

chesterfield

I'm recording with a Gina 24 soundcard , and I'm familiar with Cakewalk, so I'd like to use Pro Audio 9 (it's on sale now, and it's upgradeable to Sonar). This will allow me to record at 24/96. I've read a number of opinions for recording at the highest sample rate and bit depth possible and they make sense. However, to burn my music to a CD I would have to convert to the cd standard 16/44.1. How do I accomplish this? Pro Audio will convert from 24 to 16 bit only (although I can't imagine recording at 20 bit), but has no provision for converting the sample rate. Cool Edit has a "quality sample rate converter" (well, I wouldn't expect them to say "crappy sample rate converter"). "Quality" being a subjective term, how can I tell if one sample rate conversion is better than another? Can I use this, or another sample rate converter, with Cakewalk? Can I purchase just this one application, or do I have to buy an entire package? Does anyone know if Sonar has this capability? Any assistance and advise will be greatly appreciated.

Back